AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am looking for a flat screen as christmas gift. As it is my very first flat screen, I don't really what to pick up.

I have to say that I use to watch movie on big projection screen with my projector. This set will sit in the living room, to watch tv shows, and soaps. In addition, I watch divx hd. I don't have a blu ray player for the time being.

I seat at 8-10 ft, but as i will move soon, I don't really now what will be the new condition. It is the same for the room condition (light...)

I am wondering if a 1080p screen is needed in my case.

I was first looking for a plasma, as it looks like the best for the price. And I have found a great opportunity on a Panasonic TCP46U2 at 480 $CAD. It looks like a very cheap price and i need your advise an it... As a 1080p set wil start at 200 or 300 CAD more, should i go with this one.

In addition, the TC-P50C2 is at 550 CAD, not a big difference in price, but i am afraid it is too big for me.

Should I look in LCD?

Thanks for your support...

·
Registered
407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asubert /forum/post/19646654

Hi guys,

I am looking for a flat screen as christmas gift. As it is my very first flat screen, I don't really what to pick up.

I have to say that I use to watch movie on big projection screen with my projector. This set will sit in the living room, to watch tv shows, and soaps. In addition, I watch divx hd. I don't have a blu ray player for the time being.

I seat at 8-10 ft, but as i will move soon, I don't really now what will be the new condition. It is the same for the room condition (light...)

I am wondering if a 1080p screen is needed in my case.

I was first looking for a plasma, as it looks like the best for the price. And I have found a great opportunity on a Panasonic TCP46U2 at 480 $CAD. It looks like a very cheap price and i need your advise an it... As a 1080p set wil start at 200 or 300 CAD more, should i go with this one.

In addition, the TC-P50C2 is at 550 CAD, not a big difference in price, but i am afraid it is too big for me.

Should I look in LCD?

Thanks for your support...

Remember that the C2 is Panasonic's entry level plasma. That said, there seems to be high user satisfaction levels for this bargain plasma. Read the reviews at Amazon and also check out the official Panasonic C2 thread .

At 8' - 10' feet I couldn't tell the difference between 720p or 1080p, but from 6' I can with a 50" screen.

The prices you are getting for the 50" C2 or 46" U2 are great. Personally, I would go with the 50" C2.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.