AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took the plunge and ordered the Genesis SACD box set from amazon. co. uk this am (which they already shipped BTW--damn that's fast), and was perusing some of the other SACDs available. Because of the weak pound, you can get some great deals on plenty of your favorite SACDs--for example, the Bernard Haitink Beethoven Symphonies for about $25, Dire Straits Brothers in Arms about $10, Who's Tommy and Who's Next for about $14!


Even with shipping, they are cheap as hell--go to it, gentlemen! (I would have loved to order all of those, but didn't want to push my luck after spending the cash on the Genesis...)


By the way, this is off topic, but I have a problem with my Acoustic Research HC6 subwoofer. Posted on the sub board and got little or no help--I would really appreciate it if anyone had any advice. Thanks!
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=15178568
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drziggles /forum/post/15475973


Because of the weak pound, you can get some great deals on plenty of your favorite SACDs--for example, the Bernard Haitink Beethoven Symphonies for about $25, Dire Straits Brothers in Arms about $10, Who's Tommy and Who's Next for about $14!

"Who's Next" on SACD? Point me to it. I couldn't find it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops, my bad. It's the Who's Next Deluxe Edition, which unlike Tommy is not SACD...sorry to get your hopes up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drziggles /forum/post/15502899


Oops, my bad. It's the Who's Next Deluxe Edition, which unlike Tommy is not SACD...sorry to get your hopes up!

Would love to have "Who's Next" on SACD, but my hopes weren't really up that high since SACD is a dead or dying or about to be revitalized format.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchot /forum/post/15509168


Would love to have "Who's Next" on SACD, but my hopes weren't really up that high since SACD is a dead or dying or about to be revitalized format.

Oww, that hurts. Nothing worse than loving and having a lot invested in a format that's no longer supported. I wonder if the same will happen to Blu-ray?


Andre'
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Smith /forum/post/15525493


Oww, that hurts. Nothing worse than loving and having a lot invested in a format that's no longer supported. I wonder if the same will happen to Blu-ray?


Andre'

Blu-ray dying out? Eventually, no doubt. But right now things seem to be ramping up and the format seems to be a safe investment. Maybe even the music side of the entertainment business will migrate to Blu-ray...


http://www.amazon.com/Neil-Young-Arc...1706501&sr=8-1
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top