AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
So, have you seen the DVD to know that it will be good for CRT?

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
So, if he wrote potentially good would you be able to cut him some slack, or is it just too ingrained in the Ferret's nature to be anything but ascerbic?

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
I'm not knocking what he posted, but asking if he got to see the DVD early, and if so is that why he posted what he did. I know it is hard to believe, but some actually manage to get copys ahead of the retail stores.

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
I've heard it has a lot of black-and-white with mixed scenes of bright and dark. Maybe I'll go rent it. I thought a lot of the mixed black with white scenes in "AVP: Alien vs Predator" looked great.

--Darin

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn
So this is basically a B&W film ?

Art
Seriously, you need to get out of that theater more often. :p

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Hi,

Sin City technically is not B&W. If you like films by Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino, you will love Sin City. It's film noir & action taken to the extreme.

It has a lot of violence and twisted characters, which makes it definitely NOT for the kids.

Fortunately, it was also shot in native HD, so hopefully it will be re-released. Do a google search and you'll find a lot of interesting background info on this film. The best part is that not all of Frank Miller's stories were covered in Sin City, leaving the door open for a series of films. (Just see what Rodriguez did with the Spy Kids franchise...)

Go out and get the DVD :)

- Steve O.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch123
Fortunately, it was also shot in native HD, so hopefully it will be re-released.
What makes this a furtunate event?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaspianM
What makes this a furtunate event?
Saddam? Is that you?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn
That reminds me one time last winter I had a long weekend, I was going out to my car on Tuesday to go to work and I realized I had not stepped foot out of the house since Friday afternoon ! :D

Art
you say that like its a bad thing. :) "the couch(substitute favorite seat) is safe."

·
Registered
358 Posts
Seen it. Marvelous Quality

0 Pixles..if your gray scale is bad or off your gonna notice real quick

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Went and picked up the DVD today and got my free Sin City shot glass with it.

Brad

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Million Dollar Baby is another one that will test out your system. If you are suffering from a lack of calibration, a lot of the picture disappears into the shadows.

Sin City would be a great one to view on a CRT and a good digital to see the strengths of both systems, there are a lot of really dark scenes and a lot of scenes with a light dark mix. Should be interesting to see how our systems cope with it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You guys should feel great about your CRT projectors tonight. I saw the movie in the theater (one of the few recently), and started it tonight on my LCD in the theater, but quit about 30 min in to watch it on my 32" Panasonic SuperFlat tube in stereo no less because I was so dissapointed with the picture. Rare for me, as I'm more of a sound guy, but the early LCD projector (Sanyo Z1) makes this film almost unwatchable. I hope the new stuff is better. I follow the CRT section a ton, but this movie made me a lot closer to actually joining the cult! :)

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Ok, ok, I'll go get the mvie today.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.