AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a telescoped hour of WLYT in Charlotte's HD2 channel. They call it "The Shuffle Channel"...as in Ipod Shuffle, as in you never know what you're going to hear next! Recorded from Accurian HD radio to Archos Gmini 402 as uncompressed .wav file, then edited and compressed to .wma format in Adobe Audition 2.0. NO PROCESSING (EQ, etc.) USED, this is what they sound like

http://www.theproductionroom.net/shuffle.wma

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Wow! That's totally random. I'm not totally crazy 'bout 70's/80's/90's pop music, but the variety and randomness is pretty astounding.

Lifehouse, SteelyDan, 80's pop and Creed, and a re-mix of Gnarels Barkley all on the same station.

Never heard anything like it! (the closest thing would be 89.3 The Current but they have a strong emphasis on modern inde)

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Mike-

Thank you for the clip. That is a great station, exactly how I would program my "ideal" radio station. Who in the world would play both Maroon 5 and Bob Seger? (Yeah, I would.)

Until a month ago or so, we had a station with a similar format here in the S.F. Bay Area. It was called "Max FM", and their slogan was "seventies, eighties, whatever we feel like". Somehow, they did a great job of picking mostly the "good" recent songs and avoiding the junk. Unfortunately, this region didn't seem to like it enough, so now they are trying country music again. We also just lost our 70's/80's HD2 station; it is now playing "classic soul" or dance music.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts