AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys - I picked up 5 of these great little chairs for only $50 per chair. Firm yet comfortable and recline motion with ottoman included. For those of you on a larger budget they carry a real home theatre chair as well - brown leather with cup holder and the modern design...under $300 per chair...not bad either!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Which Chicago-land Menards did you see the $300 chairs? Any pictures?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally posted by bob_vdi
Which Chicago-land Menards did you see the $300 chairs? Any pictures?
Valparaiso Indiana - 55 minutes southeast of the Loop

You could call them and ask for the manufacturers name and see if they have a website - or order some into a store near you.

I have no photos. It is not on thier site - so save yourself a trip to thier site.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
that wil be best way to do it..i went to a few today in chicago and none had them..they said if i had a sku they could order them,or let me know who has them close by...got a sku?

brickie

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Call Valparaiso Indiana

The chair was back near millwork - but right on the right side of the financing center desk near millwork - the $275 chair.

They should be able to set you up with just that info.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Guys,

I saw the chairs in Indy this morning and I was not overly impressed. The chair looks fairly nice but I thought it was stiff with very thin arm rests. There is a built in cup holder but not a ton of padding. The recline portion has the open hole in the foot rest, and is not full material.

Bottom line is the Menard chairs cannot compare in comfort to my Lane Hollywoods, but then again they are only 1/2 the price and they are real home theatre chairs and take up a lot less room. The chairs come in black and brown.

If you are looking for the chairs in Chicago, try to find a new bigger Super Menard store. The store I saw it at is only a few months old and is extremely large. I think one way to tell the Super Menard stores is that they carry appliances. At least that's how they do it in the Indy market.

Jerry

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
i'll call around..more than anything just curious..they sound like the walmart chairs as far as the deal factor go..you get what you pay for,but could be a bargain for someone on a tight budget..

brickie

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Menard's carries alot of stuff made in China. Reminds me of when all this stuff used to be in flea markets. Get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Kensmith48
Menard's carries alot of stuff made in China. Reminds me of when all this stuff used to be in flea markets. Get what you pay for.
Fact is nearly everything you buy is made in China thanks to satan himself Mr Clinton.

It really does not matter because if it was not China it would be Indochina, Korea, Pakistan, India, Mexico or Tiawan.

I never said they were top of the line.

Fact is many guys probably forget about seating costs while building thier theatre...only to end up buying just about anything to sit on with nothing matching.

For me a $50 China chair beats a Lazy Boy cloth recliner for $350 anyday.

For guys who want the customer home theatre chair look with the price I mentioned the other ones.

You sure do get what you pay for...and I am betting some will prefer to get a few more seats for family and friends rather than get ONE really great chair made in the USA.

I hate to buy things made in China - but nowadays I simply do not have much of a choice if I want to be able to buy anything...even the steel at home centers is from China.

If you got the budget buy the best.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
MIKE, i think you summed it up best..buy what you can afford..for me personally i can't see paying thousands for a chair or or two...but some need the ultimate comfort...for a grand for 1 chair,i DON"T....i never knock a man for how he chooses to spend his money...not saying anyone here did.

brickie

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've actually seen these in couple stores (Bolingbrook & Bridgeview). Decent for the $$$... I actually considered them for a while, but I will most likely wind up with Berkline 090s...

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mikecazzx
Fact is nearly everything you buy is made in China thanks to satan himself Mr Clinton.
Wow!:eek: Still have a few issues, do we?

I seem to remember items saying, "Made in China", long before Mr. Clinton, even American flags.

·
Registered
193 Posts
He is talking about the correlation of the increased imports from China after Clinton went into office. This is nothing new, or conspirical about it.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by StanG
I've actually seen these in couple stores (Bolingbrook & Bridgeview). Decent for the $$$... I actually considered them for a while, but I will most likely wind up with Berkline 090s...
STAN, you are the man..i will be driving out to bridgeview to check em out..

brickie

·
Registered
778 Posts
Cool I should be visiting my mom near bridgeview this weekend. (Weather and sickness permitting).

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
too cold to lay bricks,so i'll be heading towards menard's in a minute..i'll report back with my results later.

brickie

·
Registered
393 Posts
Could someone post the phone number for Menards or the name of the company that makes these chairs? I live in St.Louis and maybe if I could call someone I might be able to find these chairs in my area. Thanks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
StLouG - just go to menards dot com and they have a store locator. As far as the chair maker is concerned - if I remember correctly it's "True Seating Concepts". Little googling shows that they are in fact located in China...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No surprise there. Even that spokesman with the white hair is really from China.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.