AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Not really a problem with most receivers now a days, the HDMI input counts that is, the problem I see is on a few high end SSP's like the Theta Casablanca and Datasat RS20i, both only have 4 inputs right?

ATMOS gaming would be cool. I suspect some studio will give it a try.

I'm going to wait out for the Project Scorpio version of the Xbox next holiday season rather than get the S. That'll be the one capable of fully delivering on whatever graphics and frame rates the devs want to use.
It's unfortunate that the original Xbox One couldn't live up to the spces devs were shooting for and MS was advertising, 1080p 60Hz. I've seen numerous games not able to run at that on the platform but can do so on the PS4. I have a lot of friends that were either die hard Xbox users or highly preferred the Xbox make the switch to PS4 for this reason. Shame really now, this S version is what the launch version should have been (power wise) so us "early adopters" so to speak get screwed in a way, we bought a product that couldn't deliver on what was advertised and now that is being recetified but a new purchase is necessary.

Sure there were different versions of the 360 as well but I don't think they got more powerful did they??? just more reliable once they released the 1st real upgrade that stopped the red rings issue.

I'm not sure how existing games with resolution and framerate restrictions will pefrom on the S, that's unclear. Are they locked in to only run at the less than 1080p resolution or are they able to detect a more powerful CPU/GPU and run at max resolution and framerate.

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Am interesting anecdote on gaming, I owned every platform like going from pong to colecovisiona and atari in the 80's and when my kids were young in the early nineties I used to beat the heck out of them, then i got older and my reflexes or eye motion coordination was reduced significantly my twenties sons now cream me, however when i put on the oculus rift, my skills were transported back to my heyday, don't ask me how but this vr thing messed with my head in a good way where it made me game at my best.I felt so young.

Is that curious or what/ How vr is a powerful tool that can bring out skills thought long lost?

·
Registered
26,857 Posts
Any chance the new XBOX S will have IP codes for control?

I don't own any game console but is it just IR?

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Any chance the new XBOX S will have IP codes for control?

I don't own any game console but is it just IR?

I would doubt a console would have IP codes but I guess it's possible. I believe for the 1st time the new Xbox controllers will be Bluetooth compatible so that may give you a bit more flexibility. The Playstation 3 and I assume the PS4 are Bluetooth devices for controllers and headsets.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I still like the idea of a dedicated player, maybe that's just me starting to show my age. I've only used my PS3 and/or Xbox One a couple times for watching Blu-ray movies, that was because I have a couple movies that won't properly play in my older Denon DVD-A1UDCI.

Speaking of dedicated players, any idea if Oppo will be releasing a UHD player?

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ORANGE, Calif. -- June 14, 2016 -- DarbeeVision, Inc., a pioneer in the field of digital image enhancement, today announced its participation in CE Week 2016, to be held June 21-23 at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York. DarbeeVision will display its HD DVP-5000S HDMI(R) video processor as well as demonstrate the next evolution of its IP technology, 4K/UHD DARBEE Visual Presence(TM) (DVP), that will be available later this year.
"It's an exciting time in the industry as the 4K experience continues to advance, but even with the proliferation of amazing cameras and display technology, 4K images are still flat and miss the depth cues that enhance the viewing experience," said Larry Pace, president of DarbeeVision, Inc. "Utilizing the native information in 4K, our DVP processing technology enriches the content to create an unparalleled image with never-before-seen levels of depth, clarity, and realism -- without touching color, contrast, sharpening, or resolution."
DVP is an approach that goes beyond the constraints of fidelity factors to make any image or video look better than what the most perfect cameras and displays can achieve. Working at the pixel level, DVP embeds 3D depth cues in real time and with virtually no lag to give the brain the perception that what it's seeing is real. It breathes qualities of depth and realism into flat images without touching color, contrast, sharpening, or resolution. DVP works in unison with high dynamic range, upscaling, and all other video processing and display methods to bring the very best, natural-looking picture quality to consumers.
DarbeeVision's award-winning DVP-5000S, a standalone plug-and-play video processor that is compatible with any high-definition HDMI source and display, will be on display at CE Week 2016 in the DarbeeVision exhibit space (Altman building tabletop 243) and at the getgeeked Social Shopping Zone. The company will also demonstrate the stunning impact of its new technology utilizing a 4K OLED TV, 4K Blu-ray(TM) player, and variety of 4K content, allowing attendees to see the full impact of DarbeeVision's 4K solution in action.
Attendees will have several chances to win a DVP-5000S while at the show. In partnership with getgeeked, five lucky attendees will find a winning postcard in their show goodie bags. Attendees will also have an opportunity to win a DVP-5000S by tweeting at the show with the event hashtag #ggNY16 and @darbeeVision. Follow CE Week 2016 on Twitter at #CEWeek2016. During CE Week, DarbeeVision is offering the DVP-5000S at a special discounted price of $179 when purchased directly from www.darbeevision.com/getgeeked/dvp5000soffer.
Journalists interested in scheduling a meeting with DarbeeVision during CE Week or would like to review the DVP-5000S video processor, please contact [email protected]. More information about DarbeeVision is available at www.DarbeeVision.com.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Interesting product.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Count me in for the 4K Darbee :)

·
Premium Member
23,905 Posts
I just hope there are no issues with HDMI and BT.2020 and HDR passing in and out. We all know what a pain it's being with the Sammy player. Of course maybe the Panasonic player will play nicer. Either way I am thrilled they are releasing this new 4K model.

:cool:

·
Registered
18,650 Posts
I still like the idea of a dedicated player, maybe that's just me starting to show my age. I've only used my PS3 and/or Xbox One a couple times for watching Blu-ray movies, that was because I have a couple movies that won't properly play in my older Denon DVD-A1UDCI.

Speaking of dedicated players, any idea if Oppo will be releasing a UHD player
?
Yes - supposedly at the end of this year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts