Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did any one catch the awesome show yesterday on HDNet,

the reverend Horton heat was on, and preformed and amazing show, just like the old days,.

great show, great picture and best of all great music,

thanks M. Cuban and HDNET,

great work for throwing that in to your mix of great programing, just goes to show, that hd net is a channel for every one , music , movie and HD lovers all a like:D

·
Registered
490 Posts
I thought it was very well done. I especially liked the fact that it wasn't over-produced with slick transitions and MTV style effects. Just straight ahead camera switching for a straight ahead rock-n-roll band.

I also liked that they didn't over light it to make it look "TV". They weren't afraid to use saturated colors (like red) and just let the HD cameras capture it as they will.

It airs again this Wednesday (April 23) afternoon, and Friday (April 25). Fridays showing is overnight (12:30am Pacific) so it most likely won't be on DirecTV.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply , i will try again to catch it on Wednesday,...

keep your fingers crossed, who knows mybe the hootenanny's:D next

i would love to see a band like Social D on HDTV

·
Registered
531 Posts
im a big fan of the heat and seen them many times live. i would like to thank mark and keep up the good music. i wish hdnet would play the cult show more often at a time that normal people could watch. just a thought but the 930 club in washington dc has many good acts maybe true music could take a look at sum music there.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gashog301
just a thought but the 930 club in washington dc has many good acts maybe true music could take a look at sum music there.
I recall HBOs "Reverb" used to do shows from there once in awhile.

Looks to me like "True Music" has been mostly Dallas based, and I would guess that is easier for HDNet.

Most of the nationally known touring acts that play the 9:30 Club also play at Deep Ellum Live, which (I believe) was where the Rev. Horton Heat special was done. Granted, their local scenes will differ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.