AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an e-mail from Bob Hoerr (Chief Engineer Transmission & Distribution for Maryland Public Television) and he said that they hopefully will start broadcasting HDTV in Baltimore at full power in January of 2002. Right now they are broadcasting from Annapolis,MD and the signal strenght isn't that great around here. I'm waiting to buy a HD STB until I can receive PBS.

"Thanks for the complement. We are scheduled to start broadcasting from both Owings Mills (our Baltimore station) and Annapolis at full power in January of 2002. A lot of this schedule depends on weather as we are constructing new

towers at both locations. If you have a line of site to the south you may be able to pick up our Annaplois HD signal. It is on channel 42 or virtual channel 80.

I hope this helps. Thanks for watching MPT."

Original E-Mail

-------------------------

Hello,

I was wondering when WMPT is going to start broadcasting HDTV localy in Baltimore. The reason I'm asking is that you currently broadcast from Annapolis and I don't think I can receive that signal in Baltimore city. Your HD content is suppose to be amazing and I'm waiting

to buy a HD set top box until I can recieve your station.

Thank you,

Andreas Schobel

[This message has been edited by WildStar (edited 07-30-2001).]

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Good news but I still don't see the point of having 2 stations so close (hmm, just came to me isn't WMPT carried in the DC area?).

------------------

Directv Subscriber (oval dish)

RCA UTV, Hughes 2 E25 and 1 Hughes E11

Wishlist:

Sony T60

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.