AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ARe they really that bad of a machine? I want to get a popcorn machine but man are they expensive up here in Canada.

The GNP 8 ounce with cart will cost me about $450 after shipping. GNP pays the taxes and duties ( which is great)

I have found 2 Canadian suppliers. One sells a Chinese product for $700 and the other sells Benchmark USA but their 6 ounce is $899.00 plus 13% tax bringing it over $1000.00 and to compare pare apples to apples for size the 8 ounce is around $1100 after taxes.

So you can see how that GNP machine is enticing at $450

We are a family of 4 and the machine will be used on weekends mostly.

Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mitchell

·
Registered
67 Posts
I spent a lot of time when I was making my decision on a popcorn machine (see the popcorn machine thread in this forum). I considered Great Northern and similarly priced machines but in the end went with the Gold Medal FunPop. It is a 4oz machine but the kettle is oversized (pops 6 oz) and built like a tank.

The Great Northern machines will work fine (there are some people that are happy with them) but if you compare the kettle and stirring mechanism I just don't think it is going to hold up like a Gold Medal, Paragon or Benchmark machine will.

I decided I would rather pay $238 for a well built machine and get the cart later than to get it all now on a cheaper unit that will be more likely to give me trouble down the road.

I suggest you look at the other popcorn machine threads here and then make your decision.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.