AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Retired the RP82 for the Denon 2910. I have nothing but good to say about the RP82 though. If it could play SACD I would have probably kept it but 5.1 analog out on the 2910 has the advantage now that I have had the opportunity to listen to DVD-A with it. Passed BTB and great picture too via DVI.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Paul,

"Panasonic DVD-XP50."

A truly great player for the $$ you have there ..... seems likes it's relatively rare and not talked much about. I wish I had one for a backup.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Thanks Phil!

It is a great player. I think XP50 is still discussed some, but the upconverting players have pretty much stolen the limelight at the present time. I keep the XP50 connected to the Hitachi plasma. I'm looking for a long-term upconverting player for the Panasonic LCD but so far the Momitsu (which passes BTB) has stayed put. I'm hoping either the Panasonic DVD-S97 (first choce) or the Sony DVP-NS975V is going to be the long-term player for the Panasonic LCD.

Paul

·
Registered
408 Posts
Used to own Panasonic RP-62, but the spindle motor error (H07) broke. I love this player, great video performance and Faroudja DCDi baby. Sucks that it died.

This makes me curious about RP-82, xP-30, and Xp-50 because they performance better than RP-62.

Unfortunately, so far there haven't been a dvd player with RP-82, XP-30 video performance that have similiar price tag that I can replace the RP-62 with.

My brother bought the S-27 which pale in comparison to their predecessors. Color slighly oversaturated, failed most of the deinterlacers, and failed the chroma bugs...

But other than that I love their laser lens quality. Top notch there, no doubt.

And these dvd models that I own all passed blacker than black according to Secrets Shootouts.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
RP91 @ 480i

2910 @ everything else.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Panasonic CP72S w/faroudja chip :( alas, I've begun (starting today, hence my re-visit to the dvd players section) to hunt for an upconverting replacement and will soon retire this out of my home theatre room to the bedroom, lol :D it's still the champ to me, 5 dvd changer, faroudja, yum!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.