AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the situation, i can acces the employee pricing of the onkyo NR1007 and get it for about 800 off msrp (i dont want to list anything exact, not sure of forum rules). I just purchased a Pansonic V10 "58 inch plasma so I won't be 'going 3D" anytime soon. Should I wait for the new receivers to come along in the spring that support hdmi 1.4 and take advantage of the HDMI audio? I can probably still get a great deal on them, but right now the 1007 is perfect because I need the Dual HDMI out for two Plasmas (i have them on opposite sides of the same wall in two different rooms. I could run all my components (Directv, 360, ps3 etc) to either monitor with the dual output so thats the biggest selling point for me.

Thought and opinions? I've explored options with matrix hdmi switches/distributors but I Have my tv's professionally hung and wired so just using a receiver would be the nicest looking IMO.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalc55 /forum/post/18146126

Here's the situation, i can acces the employee pricing of the onkyo NR1007 and get it for about 800 off msrp (i dont want to list anything exact, not sure of forum rules). I just purchased a Pansonic V10 "58 inch plasma so I won't be 'going 3D" anytime soon. Should I wait for the new receivers to come along in the spring that support hdmi 1.4 and take advantage of the HDMI audio? I can probably still get a great deal on them, but right now the 1007 is perfect because I need the Dual HDMI out for two Plasmas (i have them on opposite sides of the same wall in two different rooms. I could run all my components (Directv, 360, ps3 etc) to either monitor with the dual output so thats the biggest selling point for me.

Thought and opinions? I've explored options with matrix hdmi switches/distributors but I Have my tv's professionally hung and wired so just using a receiver would be the nicest looking IMO.

do some reading on the 1007 thread. plus you be able to make your money back on the 1007 if you decide to sell it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It really seems like a no brainer, I'm just looking for someones input as to if the HDMI 1.4 is really that big of a deal. I've heard nothing but positive things about the 1007, I Know 'future proofing' is usually unrealistic but it's only (hopefully) a matter of a few months til the new ones come out

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just curious if there's something I'm missing other than the dig audio issues, which don't seem such a big deal seeing as I have all the cables already. I'm not sold on 3d yet enough to make that the focal point

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True, i guess that answers the question then. I suppose I wanted confirmation that the real world application of 1.4 won't be so "revolutionary" that'd I'd be kicking myself 6 months down the line...I know buyers remorse is almost inevitable in the world of tech (the Panasonic black level issue became mainsteam 2 weeks after I got my tv). Thanks for the input everyone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.