AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I can get the 503 cmx w/o the video card for $7104, shipping included. Will buy either the table top stand for an additional $219.96 or the flat wall mount for $186.95. Going to buy the PDA-5002 card over the internet for $217

Which brings my total to $7540.96 for package with table top or

$7507.95 for the wall mount package.

My question is should I do it, is there anything coming out in the next few weeks (I'm not talking about the new Pannys coming out in the fall) that would make me regret this? Obviously, I know that prices will continue to decline but this is a 20% off proposition on what is granted a year old model, but I'm presuming I'll have to wait until next year for this year's models to be in the same price range. I'm ok with the size of the pixels, yadayadayada.

·
Registered
475 Posts
llogan,

I was in the same boat. I preferred to buy after approximately one year in case there were any known problems with the plasma. Initial production runs on new products usually have bugs to be worked out. I thoroughly research everything I buy before hand. I believe that if you wait you will find that you will always be waiting for something better. I have that problem myself. I moved from a RPTV to plasma. The timing was right, the plasma was acceptable to me and I had spousal approval (critical item). Sometimes you gotta just pull the trigger. That is a very good price. About $100 less than my 503 purchase. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great price for Pioneer 503CMX. I bought mine from Dell but paid abit more. Mind telling me where you bought yours? I have a friend that is about to buy.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haven't bought it yet, but will likely do so today. I'm buying the display from Brian at Dell. There's another thread with this number somewhere around here.

course that price doesn't include the line conditioner i'm going to purchase and the dedicated circuit that I'm going to have an electrician run.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My 503 works fine without a line conditioner or dedicated power source. I also bought from Dell last November. With the card + shipping it was $8900.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, just bought it from Brian at Dell. Total $7104.76.

Buying the video card and stand separately. Have to figure out how I'm going to mount the thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.