AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the informed reply... I had questions about the LT154 being DLP or LCD... on the Dell website they have the listed as the Multisync LT154 Multimedia LCD Projector, yet in the tech specs it states that it uses DLP as the display format.

Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
118 Posts
cjx,

I own a LT154.

It is a LCD projector. The brightness is not to worry about. Most people can not tell the difference between 900 and 1000. I set mine on economy mode which lowers the lumens and extends the bulb life. And it is bright enough.

I have one dead pixel on the top left, don't even see it unless I walk up to the screen.

The screen door effect to me is better than rainbows. I only see it if I put the projector about 14ft which gives you a 100" screen. Now my projector is about 10ft which gives me a 62" screen. Don't even see the screen door unless I get about 4ft to the screen, but I sit at 12ft back from the screen.

The price is good. I would get it. I got mine used from ebay at $1900.

Good luck on your purchase.

Oh,yes. This is my opinion. Yes there is more support for the LT150 on this forum. That is because a lot of people bought it from that DELL deal for $1700. Also if you look on this forum there is less complaints about LCD than DLP's. Out of all the things people see with there DLP's I don't see on the LCD. So I believe I made a good choice.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Minor correction: LT155 does have MLA. I'm struggling to make a decision myself.

------------------

--}{: --}{:

: --}{: --}{:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently the NEC LT154 is the same as the LT155 except it has a lower brightness (900 to 1200) and it lacks MLA.

What I am unaware of is the difference between the LT150 and the LT154, but it looks like they are extremely comparable except for the again a difference in brightness and a little difference in size.

I ask because Dell's site www.dell.com if you enter the small business section is offering 20% off on the LT154 which brings the price to $2110...

What is the situation here, should I pounce on this deal or what?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Correction, the LT156 has MLA not the LT155. LT154 is XGA LCD while LT150 is XGA DLP. Thus the contrast is much better on LT150 while the colors should be equal. IMHO LT150 is better due to smaller size, better contrast, good colors, short-throw lens (larger image at less distance from screen), and large support of forum members. LT154 has longer life bulb (2000 hours), may be a tad quieter (no color wheel), no chance of rainbows, zoom lens (easier for placement, BUT can suffer from dead pixels, screendoor (XGA LCD is equivalent to SVGA DLP for screendoor effect so you'd have to sit further back), poor blacks (more dark gray), lack of 3D effect due to poor contrast. Again this is my opinion. For the same amount of money, go for LT150 if you aren't bothered by rainbows. Good luck.

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
6 Posts
me too.

i need to purchase two projectors for a church in philly area... i'm debating much

------------------

carpe diem,

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have an LT150 for the office and an LT 154 for home. I prefer the 154 for movies due to rainbows on the 150. The 154 is an excellent projector for the HTPC and HDTV crowd.

------------------

VISIT HDTVOK.COM

tulsaprojector.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.