AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have experimented at great length with different screens, do it yourself as well as professional to get the best results with my DLP projector. I think a hot pink screen has had the best results. Whites look white. Blacks look black. Skin tones are more accurate and all colors, especially blue sky, are more saturated.

I am a novice at photopoint so I hope this works. If the link doesn't work just go to photopoint.com, tell it that you want to see [email protected] pictures and click on Home Theater.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...157&a=13613935

------------------

Christopher Young

Seattle, WA

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
The problem isn't the DLP, its the UHP bulb. Try pinkish gray for better blacks as well. Just make sure you have some lumens to back it up.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
And that's why Alan loved the first grey screen sample I sent him. (must be at least a year ago now) It was a 'luminous-grey, multilayered, color corrected screen, for mid-high output DLP units, with a UHP bulb'.

Ain't paint grand?

All I ned is to get my hands on a LT150 for a few weeks, and I can 'color correct' a base screen paint design to it.

------------------

goosystems.com

Ken Hotte

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by KBK (edited 08-10-2001).]

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Arrow:

I am running the LP350 off a Sony DVD player through the S-video. I don't think there is much you can really do as far as calibration with an LP350. The factory settings are about as good as it gets. On the white screen shots the brightness is turned up a tad too much because I was compensating for the less reflective painted wall. After looking at your pictures I'm going to brag and say that I think my Pinkhawk makes the LP350 perform as well as the LT150 in the color, but not black level, department. On a side note I just signed up for Photopoint and it seemed to say that you had to pay to store more than 10 pictures. Is this worth it? Or are there better alternatives out there?

Kelliott:

Thanks for the idea about pinkish gray to improve blacks. I will try that. So you are saying UHP bulbs cause the greenish cast? I guess I will avoid that type of bulb on my next projector.

------------------

Christopher Young

Seattle, WA

·
Registered
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by chris5977:
After looking at your pictures I'm going to brag and say that I think my Pinkhawk makes the LP350 perform as well as the LT150 in the color, but not black level, department.
The new and improved "Pink-Panther" screen?? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------

- Balance Between

- Quality & Price!

------------------

Editor of the AVS Skyworth FAQ and Official Panasonic RP91 Firmware Upgrade Request from OWNERS pages.

[This message has been edited by Yahoo (edited 08-10-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.