AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up last night. Brand new @ Blockbuster for $9.99. It has stunningly wicked sound effects and pretty good visual as well. It also has an original story and it is scary as %$^&! EVENT HORIZON!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I own Event Horizon, and i like it a lot. Looks good, holds your interest big time. Good choice dude!

Have you seen Sphere with Dustin Hoffman?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman

Yes, I agree another wonderful flick! A bit more mainstream that EH but still very, very good! I might buy it next : )

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Ah, Event Horizon...

I've been trying hard to hold off buying this one for years, hoping for an anamorphic SE that Anderson has been promising for...years.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm_B
Ah, Event Horizon...

I've been trying hard to hold off buying this one for years, hoping for an anamorphic SE that Anderson has been promising for...years.
What is SE?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by point_and_shoot
What is SE?
Duh, it just came to me...Special Edition. Mine is widescreen.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
An interesting Sci-fi movie that I had in from Netflix a few weeks ago was Equilibrium. If you haven't seen it it is worth checking out. As for Event Horizon I thought it was a really good movie. Very creepy.

Out

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlikealight
An interesting Sci-fi movie that I had in from Netflix a few weeks ago was Equilibrium. If you haven't seen it it is worth checking out. As for Event Horizon I thought it was a really good movie. Very creepy.

Out
You know I really wanted to like this one. Rented it twice. It just couldn't hold my interest. Too many flaws in the storyline, IIRC.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Equilibrium is interesting. It starts out better than any movie probably and just gradually gets worse. Don't get me wrong, overall I like it a lot, but its too bad the majority of the movie can't keep up with the great entrance. Also, the beginning bust with Bale breaking in is one of my favorite movie scenes as far as audio goes-Hearing the people whisper in each channel is pretty neat.

·
Registered
28,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by point_and_shoot
Mine is widescreen.
Event Horizon is non-anamorphic widescreen.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple
You know I really wanted to like this one. Rented it twice. It just couldn't hold my interest. Too many flaws in the storyline, IIRC.
I felt the same way about Equilibrium. I really like Christian Bale and, like another poster mentioned, it had an excellent beginning. It just fell to pieces toward the end. What was the "martial-arts" they invented for the movie? Gunkata?

Anyway, I just traded it away via Peerflix. It was one of a dozen that I own which I'll definitely never watch again.

Event Horizon does look interesting but I'll wait for an HD version or at least anamorphic before renting.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman
I own Event Horizon, and i like it a lot. Looks good, holds your interest big time. Good choice dude!

These are two of the worst Scifi flicks I've ever seen. EH was just so dissapointing to me when I see it, and I've seen it more more then 10 times. Mainly it sucked cause of Fishburn, he could have been replaced by a cardboard standee and the acting would have been better. And the whole mad scientist aspect was to laughable.

Sphere's ending just plain sucked, they all wished they didn't remember and nothing happened and that was it??? 3 great talents that were wasted on a poor script.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarenegade
Equilibrium is interesting. It starts out better than any movie probably and just gradually gets worse. Don't get me wrong, overall I like it a lot, but its too bad the majority of the movie can't keep up with the great entrance. Also, the beginning bust with Bale breaking in is one of my favorite movie scenes as far as audio goes-Hearing the people whisper in each channel is pretty neat.
It wasn't better then the Matrix, decent action, and I couldn't help myself by having thoughts of Fahrenheit 451 and 1984 dancing thru my mind.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z
Event Horizon is non-anamorphic widescreen.
What is the difference between Anamorphic and regular WS?

·
Registered
28,092 Posts

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Wind
These are two of the worst Scifi flicks I've ever seen. EH was just so dissapointing to me when I see it, and I've seen it more more then 10 times. Mainly it sucked cause of Fishburn, he could have been replaced by a cardboard standee and the acting would have been better. And the whole mad scientist aspect was to laughable.
Agreed. -Event Horizon- (to me) was like -Space Odysee 2001- combined with -The Exorcist-. But if it works for the original poster, so be it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.