AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm closing on my first house soon and one of the first things I'm doing is upgrading my audio/video equipment. We want to fully finish the main living areas first. I currently have a 42" Panny (TC-P42X1) that I got in 2009 for $600 and a cheap Samsung home theater in a box 5.1 setup. The panel is fed by the local cable company, Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii.

After lurking on here for a few weeks I've decided on the new setup...

Panel: Panasonic 65" VT60

Receiver: Onkyo 818

LCR: Ascend 340

Surround: Ascend 170 (maybe 2 pairs for 7.1 system)

Sub: Klipsch RW-12d

I saw the VT60 in HHGregg the other day on sale for $32XX.00 (think it was $3280). Haven't seen it much cheaper than that in the deals section but not sure I want to buy it from them. I may wait a month or two to see if the prices come down, or I might just get it right away.

I wasn't going to be too particular on the receiver, just looked on here to wait for a good deal. My budget was about $500 and I jumped on the Onkyo refurb memorial day sale, got the 818 for $500.

Already have the sub that I got when it was on sale for $279.

Speakers will come after the move.The packaged deal brings the Ascend speakers to $1098 shipped.

Total for all this equipment is just over $5k. Still need to buy speaker wire, connectors, etc.

There is an office directly behind the wall the panel will mount to. I was thinking about putting all the AV equipment on the other side of the wall in the office so it's out of view and can get plenty of air flow. To do this I was looking at the Harmony 600 remote and some IR extenders. Since the front wall will just have the panel and the LCR/sub it may look "plane" so I may add a something like an IKEA bench at the bottom.

Just wanted create an account because I know I'll have specific questions as I get into it and to say thank you to this forum because without it I would have trouble researching what equipment to get. Please offer tips/suggestions or whatever to my above setup. Maybe I'll post pictures when it's complete.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Sounds like a good set up can't wait to see it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts