AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following concert was filmed in with all HD cameras. The cameras all had HDNET logos on them but the announcer said the concert will be shown on PBS in August.

Al Green, Percy Sledge, Chuck D and Micheal McDonald. will join the already “soul full†roster of artists slated for the grand opening of the Stax Museum of American Soul Music April 28 – May 1, 2003 in Memphis, TN. Never before has there been a gathering of soul music greats as there will be this week. Isaac Hayes, Mavis Staples, Booker T. & The MG’s, Eddie Floyd, Carla Thomas, William Bell, The BarKays, The Temprees, Big Star, Rance Allen, The MarKeys (also known as The Memphis Horns), Little Milton, Mable John, Jean Knight and Linda Lyndell. Hi Records recording artist Ann Peebles, Wilson Pickett, Solomon Burke, Jimmie Vaughan and Warren Haynes (of the Allman Brothers Band) will join in a soulful celebration of the music genre with posthumous tributes to Stax powerhouses Otis Redding, Johnnie Taylor (by his son Floyd) and Rufus Thomas.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If it's PBS in August, when can we start looking forward to the real deal on HDNet?

Thanks Mark. from another greatful watcher.

·
Registered
18,927 Posts
Steve is one of the most uncredited session men in the business- for good reason.

I really wish they'ld do a movie about BT & The MGs, along the lines of Shadows of Motown (great stuff). They deserve it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wow! This is AWESOME Mark! I love all the Stax stuff. I own the entire 9 cd Stax box and it's great. You're right about Steve Cropper. Just lookat some of the songs he co-wrote and or played on. Booker T and the MG's were basicallly the studio band for the label. I hadn't heard that Rufus Thomas had passed. He was a great soul ambassedor. I think I'll go throw on some Otis Redding!

·
Registered
18,927 Posts
I meant today. Steve is all over the place, and has been even for the last 30 or so years since Stax' decline. He is session man on alot of big artists albums, although you'ld never know it.

As long as we're talking about music- Opie, if you like the Stax/Volt stuff, I highly recommend you pick up Dan Penn's recent CDs. He just came out with a new one a few months back. Search out the Penn/Oldham Live CD Live from this Theater- you'll love it.

Dan's still got it. He could have been a huge, but he never wanted to be up front, and was content with just writing and boozin'.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JRR2
The following concert was filmed in with all HD cameras.
How do you film something with a video camera?

·
Premium Member
Epson 5040, Oppo 203, Denon 8500H, Dish Hopper, Toshiba HD-DVD, Roku Premiere+
291 Posts
You use latent image video tape. Processed in the camera. I think it was invented by Polaroid (or was it Bose). :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.