AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although somewhat brief, the specials on the Redwoods and underwater HD were spectacular. In particular, the underwater HD was incredibly sharp and colorful, some of the best I've seen. If Mark puts more of this material on, I don't think any of us would ever give the "mythical" Discovery HD another thought. Way to go Mark!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yes the Underwater was cool

so where the cheerleaders in their Underware:D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Cheerleaders ... man eating sharks...

what the difference

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
My daughter (11 going on 16) watched the Mavericks Dancers spot with me, and when I told her Mr. Cuban frequents this forum, now wants me to ask him to get her a try-out in a couple of years!

John in VA

·
Registered
133 Posts
I recently added DirecTV just to get HDNet. This channel is incredible. The potential for really outstanding content is there, and I just hope that he can pull it off. I am not a sports nut, so my interests lie more in the direction of some of the other topics. I am sure it won't always be free, but this could be one channel that is really worth paying for.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would guess that anyone standing in a store, watching HDNet and trying to make up their mind on buying an HD set when the dive sequence came on, would be sold instantly! That was incredible! It was the most beautiful stuff I have seen. (To-date - I hope we get to see more of the Mavericks Cheers when they return from camp :) ). Thanks, Marc.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Quote:
I hope we get to see more of the Mavericks Cheers when they return from camp :)
They debuted at half-time of the Blue and White Game (Mavs scrimmage), which HDNet is showing again on Friday night.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
And now the postponed Rock concert in on. Looking great.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Awesome Concert

·
Registered
967 Posts
I wandered into Anderson's TV on Stevens Creek in Sunnyvale last night, and they had every single HDTV tuned to HDNet. Needless to say, they all looked great! Anderson's is really pushing HD RPTV's, they dominated most of their showroom floor.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
How are the install lines coming along? I'm still the one remaining voice of dissapointment in the content area. I am now going on two more days of not watching HDNet because the content is old and I've already seen it.

I know there are some lingering problems getting up and running 100%, but it's starting to get a little too redundant for me. Hockey alone isn't going to do it for me, especially since there are no teams playing on HDNet that interest me.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Mullis
How are the install lines coming along? I'm still the one remaining voice of dissapointment in the content area. I am now going on two more days of not watching HDNet because the content is old and I've already seen it.

I know there are some lingering problems getting up and running 100%, but it's starting to get a little too redundant for me. Hockey alone isn't going to do it for me, especially since there are no teams playing on HDNet that interest me.

Can you name one thing that everyone in the world is happy with? Some people even hate sex.....

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by videoholic

Can you name one thing that everyone in the world is happy with? Some people even hate sex.....
LOL. You weren't around the last time someone voiced dissapointment in HDNet. It was as close to an ugly mob scene and I think I have seen it get here at the forum. :)

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I am enjoying the picture but was wondering if anyone else is having the problem of the right and left side of the picture being chopped off.

Perhaps the best example of this is when Mark is "demonstrating" the difference between HD and Non HD and he runs to the left and right of the screen. On my set he completely dissappears. I am trying to figure out if it is a problem with my new Plasma or if this is normal for HDNET.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Ray, what STB are you using? Maybe it is my DTC-100 that screws it up?

Thanks for helping me figure it out :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Free
.....if this is normal for HDNET.
Definitely not normal. My RPTV is adjusted for almost 0% overscan and Mr. Cuban stays well into the picture as he runs back and forth. I also have a DTC-100.

Kent

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Joshua

Definitely not normal. My RPTV is adjusted for almost 0% overscan and Mr. Cuban stays well into the picture as he runs back and forth. I also have a DTC-100.

Kent
0% overscan is a slippery slope. the ISF recommends 5% on RPTV's.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.