AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many have reported the problem with the Harmony 880 not sitting properly in the recharger cradle. I called Logitech about this and after going through a few very straightforward tests over the phone, they sent me a new cradle. It was sent out immediately and I am happy to report that the replacement works very well. I have called Logitech support on several occassions to work out some kinks I was having in getting my Activities to work properly and they have always been outstanding in solving my problems quickly and professionally. It's unfortunate when you have to call a company's tech support organization to remedy situations but I don't mind doing that when you get the level of service that has been exhibited by Logitech.

Rick

·
Registered
11 Posts
I my humble opinion, I am very disappointed with the 880. In fact returned it for the same reason you mentioned. The thing and cradle is made of cheap lightweight plastic. One drop and I think it will be toast. I felt like I was holding something so delicate that it just did not feel right. And the thin strip button near the LCD? What is that?

I then went to try the Harmony 659. Guess what? The thing was unreadable glow button effect was so faint it was useless. Of course I checked the internet and found out about the bad batches of 659.

Logitech is good at making toys not TV remotes.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierreb7
I my humble opinion, I am very disappointed with the 880. In fact returned it for the same reason you mentioned. The thing and cradle is made of cheap lightweight plastic. One drop and I think it will be toast. I felt like I was holding something so delicate that it just did not feel right. And the thin strip button near the LCD? What is that?

I then went to try the Harmony 659. Guess what? The thing was unreadable glow button effect was so faint it was useless. Of course I checked the internet and found out about the bad batches of 659.

Logitech is good at making toys not TV remotes.
Sorry to hear the 880 did not work out for you. I am very satisfied with it so far. It's not perfect, but for me it's worth it at a price point I find to be affordable. No regrets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.