AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you catch that, ok that was cheasy but I see most people talking in here about ~500 subs and while I have a great sub (ED A5-350) for my theatre room and yes it still works, with a amp replacement of course I got in before they went under, well shortly after.

Anyways, I am looking for a nice sub for our living room setup, something that will get under 30Hz and is under $200 is there such a thing?

I am paring this with a bunch of Monoprice, in ceiling and bookshelf speakers.

Edit, I meant to add this to the budget sub thread but pressed the wrong button, sorry
Feel free to move it to ( http://www.avsforum.com/t/1396482/budget-subwoofers-discussions-opinions-and-questions-thread ) admins

·
Photographer
I have a nice display and a good sound system
17,663 Posts
This Dayton Audio SUB-1500 is new and as a result there are no reviews of it, but history has shown that it will probably do exactly what you ask. It's little brother, the $109 SUB-1200 gets rave reviews (considering the price). The BIC Formula F-12 is another well-reviewed, popular choice at that price point.

·
Photographer
I have a nice display and a good sound system
17,663 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2078  /t/1503567/great-within-price-sub-for-sub-200#post_24031399

Is there no LFE input on the Dayton models. I see it has an input of left and right. I don't see an LFE.

They call it "mono", which simply means you use the right channel input if you are using the LFE out on your receiver.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahh, very good, thanks!

what do you think BIC or Dayton as for brands, they are both at the $200 mark, I am hoping to sneak that size by the wife too. 19" cubed may be a tad on the bigger size for where I am putting it but I think I'll measure to see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts