AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After moving to a new house, i turned on my lcd tv and noticed that there are Green and Purple pixels which appear on light backgrounds. it looks almost like a halo effect when there is movement on screen.

I don't remember bumping the television and was on smooth roads during the move so it was a surprise to see it have problems.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so was there a fix for it or does it require buying a new tv?

Incase it matters it is a Samsung ln-s4051d i bought it about 3 years ago.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright so no one has any ideas? Might there be a better place to post this? I think i am going to get a tv repairman out to look at it, but if someone has a better idea i am all ears.

Thank you,

Kevin

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Affects all inputs? Affects Tv Menu/osd? Affects service menu test patterns?

If you are not under warranty and feel ok with opening the Tv- Try re-seating the lvds cable. A sort of ribbon cable that runs from the panel (Tcon) to the Main board. Do a google image search for what it looks like. If that doesn't fix then probably need to replace the Main board.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.