AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My zip code is 49316 for starters ... everything shows that a yellow omni would pick up the DT signals I want but I am planning to get a Gree rated omni to be safe. My problem is the room my TV is in has a cathedral ceiling .. this means attic space direcly above this room is more or less inaccesible (even if i put the antenna outside getting the cable TO the tv is going to be a tuffy)..

I need advice ? How come we dont have wirless antennas yet ? :) Of course my home is vinyl siding which also pretty much precludes any sort of indoor antenna ... I really need to come up with some kind of option of getting a signal from an Omni to my TV .. any ideas ?

(There is 1 RG6 run to this room which goes out to my sat .. the only thing i can currently think of is putting on one of those omni antennas that hook on to the dish, diplex the signal onto the cable then diplex it back out at the tv .. only possible issue is i have a 24" oval dish and i believe these "on the dish" type antennas are made for 18-20" rounds .. help !!)

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Your outdoor antenna could be located anywhere. Just join its cable to your satellite cable with the diplexer at some convenient point. Some STBs will accept such a diplexed DBS/OTA signal without a 2nd diplexer to separate them.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
It may have this ability, but I don't see it mentioned in their brochure. Any T-160 owners out there who have tried connecting a diplexed DirecTV/OTA cable directly to the Sat input?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.