AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony 9000es DVD Player connected to a crystal image scaler projecting through a JVC G11U. When I play DVD's there are these very anoying horizontal green lines/bars. What are they? Do I have something wrong in my set up on the scaler?

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
have you tried plugging the 9000es directly into your G11 to see if it still exists there??

Cameron

------------------

-- Well I have really blown my budget now. --

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cameron,

Thanks for the reply. I have not tried to go direct to the projector. I have concidered this so I can switch my DVD player to the progressive output mode to see if there will be any better picture quality. I have not noticed these green horizontal bars before. That is why I think I have done something with the setup to cause this problem.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
If you set it up directly, make sure you try the non-progressive signal too. That is the same one that is going to your CI.

BTW... Can you describe the green bars in more detail? Do they move? Are they thick or thin? How many pixels in width? etc...

Cameron

------------------

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have several horizontal bars showing. They are faint and not bright however they are still anoying. I have a thin bar a wide bar that appear. They only show in bright scenes with white background, not visible with dark scenes. They are only visible with DVD playback. I viewed HD last night and they were not visible. I am thinking It has something to do with the CI. I checked my CI settings and everything appears to be as per original config. However, I did notice that the film mode was set to ON. I turned it to OFF and played a couple of scenes of a DVD. I did not see the bars. Not much time to view though. I will try again tonight. Do you think this could be the problem?

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Yeah it sounds like a weird CI problem to me, but what do I know?

Cameron

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.