AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really bizarre watching Alias last night via the Boston ABC feed off ExpressVu.

First, the image was terrible at both 1080i and 720p - I had to crank the color setting unnaturally low and the reds were still glowing. Plus, the upper left hand of the image was plagued with, for lack of a scientific term, green blotches.

Horrible image. PLUS there were white sparkles.

Would someone kindly confirm they also saw stuff similar to this? CBS showed no such artifacting.

regards,

patrick

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm also watching HD on Expressvu and I saw it during Alias, a green rectangle in the top left corner of the screen. It was especially visible during darker scenes, of which there were many. A similar green blob also plagued ABC's Once and Again a couple of weeks ago.

So far, I've only noticed the problem during ABC's dramas, not on its sitcoms or movie presentations, nor on any of the CBS programming.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Had little green blocks or blotches during some of Alias last night via OTA ABC in Cleveland. (Didn't notice any big ones though. )They were a little distracting, but not as much as Miss Garner. (or sadly I should say Mrs. Foley.) :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
I noticed the following from the broadcast in LA:

-red spots/pixels flashing for a second all throughout the picture field (this is probably similar to the blocks/blotches mentioned in the previous post)

-the occasional green tint that flashes the whole picture (this was mentioned in a previous thread re: alias last week).

the 5.1 mix sounded great during the explosion scenes!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wonder if the on and off green tint problem is limited to Los Angeles. As I said in the other post, it bothers me so much that I rarely tune in an ABC HDTV broadcast. I would think in a market as big as LA, they could get their act together to fix this.

·
Registered
189 Posts
No such problems that I saw from WPVI-64 in Philadelphia. A very clean, sharp and crisp HD transfer (much better than "Max Bickford" over on KYW-26), good audio, and some 'mosquito noise' on dark scenes (likely MPEG artifacts).

No green blobs or squares. Altogether, one of ABC's better 720p telecasts.

Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.