AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4 year old Boxlight (Sanyo) XP5T LCD projector that recently has developed a green cast along the inside of the picture from the side to about 10" out where it gradually fades out. It is also a little brighter at the top right corner. When on blue screen with no signal it looks like a lighter area. Some have suggested it might be an optimizer problem and tech support where I bought it thinks it is a convergence problem/shifted lens because it is only along one side. This may make sense because one of my son's tall friends recently jumped up from his seat while watching it and really smacked his head on the shelf the projector sits on, although i think his head gave more than the shelf did. He had a cut but is fine now.

Is a shifted lens something that I could adjust myself or is that too risky? Any pictures or information regarding how to do this? Any other thoughts on what could be causing the problem? Thx for your help.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Could be the blue polarizer...a very common problem with LCDs like my old Sony W400Q.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.