AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a pic of a used Green CRT for the NEC 9PG PLus cost $99.00.

Is the wear to bad? PLease give opinion

Thanks

Joseph

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
It's usable.... better than some I have had and still gave a good pic.

Marc

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
$500 for a rebuilt..... you decide. I'll take it if you dont. :)

Marc

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Wear on the green tube makes whites appear tinged with pink. Personally, I can't stand pinkish whites. If your blue and red are good, why not save up for a brand new one from NEC USA at about $418.US ? Put your $99. towards that and you're almost 25% done.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Paul, i think your comments may be a bit enthusiastic. (until you edited them!!)

I think that the wear on this tube is pretty minor, considering the fact that I am sure that the photo was taken with a flash. I realise it isn't PERFECT, that is why it is priced accordingly.

$99 vs $400+ is over a 400% price difference ;)

That may make a difference for some people. Don't forget, some CRT owners aren't able to spend thousands on their projector, they are lucky enough to have gotten them free. Consequently, this may be an excellent budget conscious option.

It is a good tube for $99, my advice: go for it, unless you have $400 burning a hole in your pocket.

·
Registered
567 Posts
For $99 i'd take it! The wear is not that bad. And if you keep the raster within that area then you probably won't even notice it whilst watching a movie.

Go for it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.