AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a sony kv36fs210 and their is a green haze about 3" square on the bottom right corner of the screen. The TV is going back for a refund or exchange, but I was wondering if I should be looking at a different model or brand? I always liked sony, maybe this is a fluke, or not?

Thanks for any input!

·
6,091 Posts
Lots of people have been experiencing purity problems (discolorations in the corners) with the sony direct-views. Some have replaced or moved the set and gotten good results. Some exchange for another and get the same problem. Quite a few threads on this forum about it. Since the 16:9 black bars cover mine up on my 40XBR, I've lived with it. If you can experiment with TV placement and direction it might be worth a try. Supposedly the Earth's magnetic field can affect the tube and moving it around can sometimes cure the problem. Service techs can also apply magnets to the tube and sometimes fix it. Whether other brand sets have this problem I don't know.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I had this problem with my 40XBR800. Swapping the tube (yes the tube, not the entire TV) fixed the problem. Intersting operation to watch unfold in the middle of my den, to say the least. ;^)

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It turns out that my floor speakers were too close to the TV. The green haze went away when I moved the speakers. Im such an idiot sometimes:rolleyes: .

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The speakers were right next to the TV. The haze went away when I moved them about 6" from the TV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.