AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have successfully setup Powerstrip to my Hitatchi 51UWX10B HDTV. I am watching HDTV in 1776X1000 with no problems except this green hue on the sides of objects. For instance on a horse (Shadowfax) on the right side is a green line sorrounding the right side of the horses body. All colors in the entire picture are correct. I have played with all the color settings in Powerstrip with no success. I have recalibrated my convergence no success. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
A few questions first.

What DVD player are you using? Are you doing any post processing? How are you connected to the TV?

Having asked all those, if you own Avia check the Y/C delay test pattern to see if you have a problem there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few questions first.

What DVD player are you using? Zoom Player, Win DVD5

Are you doing any post processing? No I am not sure though what you mean. I am playing HDTV clips and WM9.

How are you connected to the TV?

Having asked all those, if you own Avia check the Y/C delay test pattern to see if you have a problem there. I don't have this and I am not sure what this is. I understand test patterns but would not know how to adjust these.

I am using a Radeon 9600 DVI out to DVI in on my Hitachi.

Thanks for helping.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
By post pro-cessing I meant ffdshow.

The AVIA or Digital Video Essentials discs are chock full of patterns that you can use to test your DVD player / TV combination.

I'm not familiar with the Hitachi convergence mode but if you only did a 9-point (or similar) it's possible that you aren't fully converged. The test disks also have convergence patterns.

The Y/C test pattern I mention will show you if there is a difference in the delay between the Y (luma or B and W part) and the C (Chrominance or colour) part of the signal. Going DVI it wouldn't think there is a problem but you never know. The menus explain what to look for with the various test patterns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.