Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it my imagination?

Since the 3.7 I have noticed that any button pressed on the remote causes the power on button to flash. I don't recall it doing that before.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
What's also new is that it's instantly ON or OFF, you don't have to wait for the green light to stop flashing.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by NetworkTV
That's a new feature. It's to confirm the unit actually received a command, even if it doesn't react right away.
Thanks guys for the info on the light.

So Network, did you get the update yet? How did the fish fare? :D

You might not have been far from the truth when you said you were worried something might blow and you'd wind up with a fish fry.

Oddly enough, there is a slim possibility that the caller id put a whammy on my phone service. In addition to the alarm beep I mentioned in another thread, I can only sporadically receive incoming calls starting about the same time!

I called the phone company to find out what was happening and the tech rep said she would try to call me back. I heard nothing and called the tech center again and drew the same person. Now she said my service was disconnected, which I knew wasn't true.

I asked her, "Then how could I call you?" She admitted something wasn't right. So she said she would send a repairman out to investigate, but if the problem was inside that I'd have to pay. I asked her how ANYTHING inside the house would possibly make my account appear to be disconnected? She didn't know.

That's what I get for bragging on Verizon. I guess companies are finding it impossible to find a good CSR who is willing to work for peanuts anymore. By the time they know what they're doing, they let them go because they earn too much! :(

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'm using the blinking feature to nail down a remote problem I have. I use those R.S. pyramids and noticed the blinking. By hiding the receiver under a blanket, the light stopped blinking. So Now I can probably nail this down to why I sometimes have remote glitches. Something is leaking somewhere. Need to find it - this light will help.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Speaking of remote glitches, whatever your glitch is it might even be in the remote itself. Just a thought.

I setup my stock RCA UTV remote for cable, just to use a cable box to turn the set on/off, and for VCR, just to change OTA channels.

Half the time I try to turn it on/ off it either does nothing or else controls the VCR instead. I can't blame the UTV for the remote issue, since the problem is in the remote itself.

·
Registered
17,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by restart88
Thanks guys for the info on the light.

So Network, did you get the update yet? How did the fish fare? :D
No upgrade for me. Somebody out there doesn't like me. Maybe they forgot about Connecticut. It is something like the third smallest state in the continental US, so it's easy to miss. Ironically, though, I have something like 4 spotbeams crossing my area. You'd think something would have happened.

I can almost see all those New Yorkers across the sound enjoying their new software. Serves me right for going to CT from NY. Maybe the problem is they think New England really is another country. With gas prices the way they are up here, you'd think there was some kind of foreign tariff going on. :D

Well, the sun's coming up - better get back to bed. ;)

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Maybe the problem is they think New England really is another country.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OIC, like you got invaded by Canada or something?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With gas prices the way they are up here, you'd think there was some kind of foreign tariff going on. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ours have come down quite a bit, but has remained closer to the nat'l avg..

OTOH, I never could figure out why gas prices in Chicago are always 2nd highest next to California, when they have several refineries and we have none. At least in your case, it may be the Canadian GST rising your price since you were invaded. :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, the sun's coming up - better get back to bed. ;)

Now I know what you do for a living - you're a member of the undead! :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rocket
I'm using the blinking feature to nail down a remote problem I have. I use those R.S. pyramids and noticed the blinking. By hiding the receiver under a blanket, the light stopped blinking. So Now I can probably nail this down to why I sometimes have remote glitches. Something is leaking somewhere. Need to find it - this light will help.
Rocket... I had the same problem with my R.S remote extenders.

Turned out it was a computer that had a serial cable attached to a component that was too close to the remote receiver.

I think it was RF from the serial cable that made the extender mess up... I took the whole computer gig away and problem solved.

Maybe your's is too close to the UTV and it is the UTV that is giving out some RF.

Just a thought

·
Registered
311 Posts
Whoops :eek:

·
Registered
17,594 Posts
Quote:
OIC, like you got invaded by Canada or something?
It would probably be the other way around - we have an Air Force base. :D

Quote:
Now I know what you do for a living - you're a member of the undead! :D
Oh, my, no! There's no money in that. The real money is in CREATING zombies. :D

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
It would probably be the other way around - we have an Air Force base. :D

Are you sure they're ours??

Quote:
Oh, my, no! There's no money in that. The real money is in CREATING zombies. :D
You have a point. They said on the news that the blood banks have been running short lately. :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rocket
There was another thread a few days ago about those screw-in fluorescent bulbs interfering with IR remote functions. Using the pyramids, I presume using one of those bulbs in any room with a pyramid receiver has the potential to generate spurious emissions from your pyramid transmitter.

Something else to consider.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Yeah, and it's enough to make anyone paranoid with all the black helicopters flying in and out of there. It's like something right out of the movies. :eek:
I'm very near McDill, which as you might recall played (and is playing) a significant role in the Iraqi war. But it always made me feel a bit safer knowing all that firepower was just down the street to protect me from external Communist threats. Unfortunately, they refuse to do anything about the internal Communist threats. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.