AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing this post a while ago but i can not seem to find it now. Can some one please help? I have tried the j1103 & j1104 jumpers but they dont seem to work because the unit just keeps flashing. Is there some thing i need to do to get this unit to accept any reset or anytthing? Is there a FOR SURE fix for the green blinking light?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hi,

For most a UTV Hard Drive replacement is the "FOR SURE" Fix.

If you have a spare hard drive around the house (Must support ATA-3 Security feature) and are willing to accept lose of any of the "MY SHOWS" Recordings (which are probably already lost), then go ahead and try and swap out the hard drive.

The Flashing Green Light of Death, might be caused by something other then the Hard Drive so your old drive may still be good in a PC. But your UTV is rejecting it for some reason, and a fresh drive usually has a better chance.

Continue your search of this forum. Check the UTV FAQ on this forum...Others have attempted less drastic measures and had good luck.

Later,

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a brand new drive, i have tried everything.... Still green blinking light. THis all started when i bought the unit off ebay and hooked it up and it immediately tried to dial to web tv. I finally fixed that, i think and now i get the green flashing light. Tried the jumpers as well J1003 & 4. Any other suggestions? SEE MY OTHER THREAD, HELP A FELLOW UTV'er!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hi,

I'll check the other thread.

RE: New Hard Drive

What brand/model drive are you using?

Have you check the replacement drive for ATA-3 Support? (Check UTV FAQ for Drive Fitness Test program)

Have you made sure the drive is jumpered properly? (Master/Slave mode)

Later,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.