Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people,

before I go off trying to adjust the astig on my Sony, I'd like to know if it's off.

The basic problem is that the green gun produces a considerably wider beam than the red and the blue. The actual beam itself isn't so much wider but there is a green "fog" on either side of the line, so to speak.

Is this an indication of misadjusted astig?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Yes.

Have you tried adjusting the electronic focus for the green tube?

Carefull it's close to the G2. You may want to dab a little white out or paint onto the G2's so that if you accidentally adjust them you can reset them to where they were.

If you can unfocus the green in both directions you can look for problems in astig. But from what you've said it sounds like that's where the problem is.

Good Luck,

Brian

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Brian,

Thanks for your help. I've tried electronic focus in both directions and it doesn't help.

What is G2? If you're referring to the blue electronic focus I've been very careful not to touch it.

thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Hey,

Just above the electronic focus controls are G2 controls. They have little shields and sometimes they have glue or tape on them to try to prevent adjustment of them by accident.

Do you have the manuals for your projector yet? The service manual has information about adjusting the Astigmatism. I find it's a tricky adjustment to get right. But, maybe that's just me. I do know it's dangerous to try to adjust astigmatism and you could be killed if you attempt it. I've adjusted mine a couple of times though over the last 2 years. Once the projector is installed the astigmatism should only need to be adjusted once but as I said I find it takes some skill to get it right and I still like to tinker with it and try to improve spot size and shape.

-Good Luck,

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.