Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there !

My resurected BG400 is still alive, but last movie I watched I noticed that :

- Somehow, the green picture level was not that stable (its light level seemed to flicker a bit)

- When there was a light (white or green) part on the picture, the green seemed to be exhausted just after scanning this part, and some part of the line then became pink (green too weak).

I've been thinking about that, and came to two hypothesis :

- First, the green gun is going bye-bye, and I'd hate it for that

- Second, maybe the final electronic stage before the gun (that would be the video amp. on the small vertical board) is getting tired after nearly 15 years of labour, and I'm just gonna switch it with a spare one I got.

Okay, I could have switched it in the first place, but I didn't find the time (yet).

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
I would suspect the tube; I have had few problems with teh electronics in this part of the BG 400.

Good news is I have a bunch of good green tubes and also have the RGB board for the BG 400 if you want it.

Curt

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Argh ! :-(

I'm gonna switch boards so as to check.

In last resort, can you send guns overseas ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Curt,

I switched the green video amp (the small board) for a spare I got, a newer release somehow since one of the wired resistors has been replaced with a daughter board with some kind of filter.

I played around with the barco for 30 minutes, just for the thrill of testing a quadscan I have for a few days, and everything seemed normal, except a little overall unstability of the luma, but this is old news.

I may not need your crts this time, I'd better knock on wood anyway.

PS. BTW, I have another frenchie with a BD600 here, looking for green and maybe blue guns. I gave him your name.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.