AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at some of the various green power strips out there. I'm wanting to hook my receiver into the controlling outlet and hook my 4 amps into the switching outlets since they don't have remote triggers. My questions are......Does anybody know how this will work or if it will work? Will one of these be able to handle 4 amps hooked to it? 3 of them draw about 300 watts max and the other draws about 600 watts max. Here is the link to one that i was considering.
http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=5730

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So The Smart strip should be fine for this aplication? I would be going from 4 seperate chords down to one feeding all 4 devices. i guess i could always just give it a shot! It would be great for a simple fix like this for my dilema. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfins  /t/1415377/green-power-strip-for-non-triggered-amps#post_22130539

So The Smart strip should be fine for this aplication? I would be going from 4 seperate chords down to one feeding all 4 devices. i guess i could always just give it a shot! It would be great for a simple fix like this for my dilema. Thanks for the info!
I purchased a Rocketfish - 7-Outlet Home/Office Surge Protector ('smart strip') from BestBuy to control 2x power amps without triggers, plus 2x subs. Worked ok with my RX-V667.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts