AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everybody. Here's my setup:

HDTV: Hitachi 51S500 (CRT Rear Projection)

GPU: AGP/Nvidia 6600GT or 6200 (Same symptom)

Connection Type: Component Cable through HDTV breakout cable

Symptom: Two about 1 inch height Green or Purple horizontal strips moving from bottom to top, slowly. This is observed not only in window desktop (MCE 2005), but also in the BIOS POST screen.

Side note: Many years ago, I tried to hook up the same TV with a Readon 9600 GPU and a DVI-Component Adaptor from ATI and PowerStrip. Don't remember seeing the strip. This time around, hooking up itself seems much easier with Nvidia's CP. I have yet to use the Powerstrip nor created any custom timing.

Can somebody tell me what is the root cause of the moving green strip and how can I get rid off if possible?

TIA.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Sounds like a ground loop problem. Plug the PC and TV into the same power strip and see if that fixes it. If not, try disconnecting the cable line and see if that helps. If that fails try hooking just the PC to the TV, then find out where the ground loop is coming from.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Servicetech571. I think most likely that's the reason.

Besides the video problem, I am also dealing with a low level hum noice right now.

I will do some test and report back.

Thanks a lot for the input. I would never look into this way by myself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Confirmed it is caused by ground loop. Now question is how to get rid of it.

It turns out not an easy job at all. Plugging into the same power strip doesn't help. The noice is coming from the cables (2 of them, both contributing) into the Sat receiver.

I ordered two CISP from Cencom94, hoping it does what it does while not degrading the Sat signal significantly. Any one has the expeeince with their product? Txs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts