AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony 40 inch KDL-Z4100.

I'm noticing on all inputs, in SD and HD, what I'd guess you'd call a "green push".

In particular on darker colors (black mostly), I'm seeing green. On people's hair, suits, background. It's not all the time and on every scene, but it's pretty frequent.

At first I thought it was just the source material, an older DVD I was watching interacting with the set, but now I see it everywhere, on all sources.

The greater the angle the worse it gets, but it exists from straight on.

Anyone else having this issue with this set or another set?

What did you do about it? I'm wondering what I should do.

I've attached some pictures, I hope they illustrate the issue properly.

· Registered
73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempletonPeck /forum/post/16845530

I have a Sony 40 inch KDL-Z4100.

I'm noticing on all inputs, in SD and HD, what I'd guess you'd call a "green push".

In particular on darker colors (black mostly), I'm seeing green. On people's hair, suits, background. It's not all the time and on every scene, but it's pretty frequent.

At first I thought it was just the source material, an older DVD I was watching interacting with the set, but now I see it everywhere, on all sources.

The greater the angle the worse it gets, but it exists from straight on.

Anyone else having this issue with this set or another set?

What did you do about it? I'm wondering what I should do.

I've attached some pictures, I hope they illustrate the issue properly.

I can see it and have the same problem on my Sony 52" XBR6 LCD but not all the time. I have no idea what causes this and how to fix it. I have tried to adjust the color settings and there is no way to eliminate it. When I see it I say that the Incredible Hulk is back. I have called Sony and they said it is not normal and to call a repair center.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply.

So it's not just this set that's plagued with this issue then.

I've contacted Sony as well and they said to contact a repair center as well.

The problem being, from the link they gave me, the only repair center it came up with is on the other side of the country.

· Registered
227 Posts
No, you're not imagining it. Back in January, I was all set to buy a 46Z4100. While at the store, I noticed a preponderance of green in the picture of the Z as compared to the W and the XBR. I asked one of the salespeople about it and he said that they tried everythiung they could to get rid of the green, and they couldn't do it. I asked whether it could be a problem with the floor model, and they told me that they had tried several different sets and saw the same problem with all of them. They didn't know what was causing it, but they definitely saw it and couldn't get rid of it. I hope this helps (at the very least, so that you know you're not alone).

e

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.