AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I am at a complete loss. I recently purchased this cable so I could seperate my XBox from the component input.

I get an image on screen, however everyting on screen is in shades of green. I tried hooking the cable up to my DVD player and had similar result.

Component input looks fine - its just on the PC input.

Is there some setting that I am missing? I checked and made sure my cables were all hooked up properly.

This is on a Panny 5uy.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Robert

·
Registered
228 Posts
It sounds like you may have your "Component/RGB In Select" wrong. If you go to page 16 of your manual (7 series manual, so it may be different) on the right hand side you can see what I am talking about. You get to that menu by pressing the setup button on the remote. If you do not have the operating manual handy, here is the url:
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPE.../TH37PWD6UY.PDF

This should solve your problem. Let me know if it works or not, or if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Bob Doseck

Plasma Concepts
[email protected]
www.plasmaconcepts.com

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
bdoseck has it right, you just need to change your input setting. I had the same problem when I first went to use my PC input and hooked up my xbox to it. :) It'll take you 10 seconds to swap the component/RGB via your remote, and you'll be good to go! :D

-JR

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pcrx

This is on a Panny 5uy.

Sorry guys but the VGA input on the "5UY" and previous Models doesn't accept Component Signals

(No sync on green). It must be RGB signals.

This feature was introduced on the "6UY" Series.

The only way is to buy a Component-to-VGA transcoder.

:(

·
Registered
228 Posts
Bruzzi,

Thank you for correcting our proposed solution. You learn something new everyday (actually, since you mentioned it, I remember it again, so it is not new, but you get the picture, or in this case you don't :( ) :)

Bob Doseck

Plasma Concepts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AhHa!! Once again the forum rules!! Would something like THIS do the trick?

Nice price on it also!!

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bdoseck
Bruzzi,

Thank you for correcting our proposed solution. You learn something new everyday (actually, since you mentioned it, I remember it again, so it is not new, but you get the picture, or in this case you don't :( ) :)

Bob Doseck

Plasma Concepts

:D :D :D

That's why I sold my 37" ED 5th Generation Model to get the TH-37PWD6UY. Since the 37" Commercial Displays don't have the additional slot (only two) that extra Component was really a big plus for me. :D

And the reason I still remember about it. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.