AVS Forum banner

10321 - 10340 of 10384 Posts

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
Is WITN doing anything with their signal? I have been noticing for a while their signal is not stable out on Bogue Banks Island. WITN used to be my best station, now it's the worst.

·
Registered
318 Posts
WITN is normal at at my location in Wilson. It pegs my tv at 99-100. I have noticed that 107.9 doesn’t seem to be as strong as usual. Maybe some tower work going on?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Interesting. Wonder what that will mean for the ION ota channels down the line?

E.W. Scripps Buys ION Media Scripps will combine ION assets — notably its broadcast spectrum holdings — with its own brands like multiplatform news outlet Newsy and multicast networks such as Court TV and Bounce to create a national company.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Interesting. Wonder what that will mean for the ION ota channels down the line?

E.W. Scripps Buys ION Media Scripps will combine ION assets — notably its broadcast spectrum holdings — with its own brands like multiplatform news outlet Newsy and multicast networks such as Court TV and Bounce to create a national company.
I talked about this on another forum, and had the same thoughts. Qubo could go either way, but Ion Plus is likely a goner. As for the shopping subchannels, I can definitely see those being replaced by Katz networks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Apparently, both WEPX (Greenville) and WPXU (Jacksonville) are being divested as part of the Scripps/ION deal. So is WRPX (Rocky Mount) and WFXP (Archer Lodge).

Station Trading Roundup: 4 Deals, $2,678,850,000

A little disappointed that Scripps isn't holding on to these stations. Wonder who will pick those up and what they'll program?

I won't miss ION all that much; really never watch. But I was looking forward to the Greenville/New Bern/Washington market adding some new diginets since ITN, NCT, and CTI/YDO are pretty much full at this point.

It would be nice for us to have an awesome independent station(s), especially since TMH has been off the air for months. And even when they were on the air, there were technical difficulties galore.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Scripps already revealed what will happen with the divested stations when they made the announcement last week. The new owner they found for the divested stations agreed to keep the Ion affiliations, and they will also carry the Katz diginets once they become available.

Also, the list in that article is not the list of stations that will be divested. That's just the list of all the Ion stations. Since Scripps doesn't currently own any stations in the Carolinas, they're likely keeping the Ion stations in those states. It's the markets where they already own multiple stations like Detroit that will have the divestments.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Oh nice, thanks for setting me straight on that KyL416. That's exactly what I was hoping someone would say. I missed that part about the new owner keeping the affiliations and still adding the Katz networks.

I appreciate you filling in the blanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I still hope someone will pick up/switch to Antenna TV and Cozi.
I still think NCT will eventually pick up Antenna since Nexstar owns it, especially once CourtTV Mystery moves. Maybe YDO will pick up Cozi once Bounce moves. Assuming those two things happen with the Scripps/ION deal. I think they’re both Katz diginets. Someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. I definitely was earlier today, lol.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Did Wcti12 & Fox14 ever get there antenna modifications finished?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Both WCTI and WYDO filed for extensions in the past week.

In WCTI's tolling request at the beginning of the month they said the tower crew was on site and the antenna lift was days away from being completed and they expect everything to be finished in November.

In WYDO's tolling request filed two days ago they said the tower crew is currently on site.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello its been awhile since I was last on. When last I posted I was having problems with WITN 7. I wanted to share what I discovered . I thought my problem was multipath due to the strong signal. I was getting a sort of airplane flutter when cars passed by too I. tried swapping splitters, replacing cables, new connectors and was about to swap out the CM 30 DB amp for the 16DB one. Well, purely by accident I found the problem to be a Google Wifi pod. I had it attached to the back of the TV stand as I was splitting the signal of a HDHR network tuner and needed a direct connection to to the internet. I moved it about 4 ft and problem mostly solved. Still getting some occasional flutter, but nothing like before. I'm guessing it was frequency interference....Want to add that I told a friend who was having problems with WNCN 17 and he discovered a small fan he had was causing interference. All this reminds of mom running the blender and messing up the TV when I was a kid.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Looks like the signal is unstable. Too much up and down. This is how mine was before the changes. Looks like you may need a strong UHF antenna with a joiner for the VHF.
Can you recommend an antenna. I'm in Newport and according to TV Fool, I am able to get WNCT channel 9 CBS with a rooftop.
I have DishNetwork but looks like a contract dispute is in the works again.
So many different options out there, I would appreciate someone that knows the area to help me. Thanks

·
Registered
897 Posts
If you want to buy a Dish OTA tuner, get it from airtv.net
It's the same tuner Dish sells at half the price, works great with a Hopper. I use that and dropped locals from the dish and save $10/month by getting them for free over the air.

10321 - 10340 of 10384 Posts