AVS Forum banner

10341 - 10360 of 10384 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you want to buy a Dish OTA tuner, get it from airtv.net
It's the same tuner Dish sells at half the price, works great with a Hopper. I use that and dropped locals from the dish and save $10/month by getting them for free over the air.
Thanks, I know about the Air Tv tuner.
Any antenna recommendation ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Id imagine a directional/Yaga type antenna but maybe someone else will respond that knows more about the reception in your area as I bump this thread again.
WCTI is VHF & also last I heard is there antenna hasnt been set back up in its permanent place on the tower (currently weak output).
CBS is UHF & looks to be further away for you.
May require a preamp & if any cell towers nearby a LTE filter may help.

Can you recommend an antenna. I'm in Newport and according to TV Fool, I am able to get WNCT channel 9 CBS with a rooftop.
I have DishNetwork but looks like a contract dispute is in the works again.
So many different options out there, I would appreciate someone that knows the area to help me. Thanks

Reactions: RubyNC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Id imagine a directional/Yaga type antenna but maybe someone else will respond that knows more about the reception in your area as I bump this thread again.
WCTI is VHF & also last I heard is there antenna hasnt been set back up in its permanent place on the tower (currently weak output).
CBS is UHF & looks to be further away for you.
May require a preamp & if any cell towers nearby a LTE filter may help.
Thank you

·
Registered
122 Posts
The FCC license for WTMQ and WTMH expires on 12/01/2020 along with WTMV. Notice of pending expiration was sent by the FCC in October
Thanks for the update. WTMH has been off the air for us nearly a year now. One of the others can correct me if I'm wrong, but it's been off a long time. It'd be nice if Gray or Nexstar or someone else could purchase the assets and give us a strong independent station here in ENC. Unfortunately, WTMH always seemed like it was fighting an uphill battle; technical issues galore, etc. RIP to the owner and the station(s).

With diginets like BOUNCE, CourtTV Mystery, etc. shifting to the ION stations eventually, maybe that will free up NCT, YDO, and/or CTI to offer COZI, Antenna, and/or other new diginets around here.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
There is a station supposedly on the air licensed to Jacksonville broadcasting on 33, but picking it up looks difficult...

Does anyone know if WCTI and WYDO fixed their antenna yet? Their time runs out on the 30th.

·
Registered
122 Posts
There is a station supposedly on the air licensed to Jacksonville broadcasting on 33, but picking it up looks difficult...

I saw that too. It's a very small area it's serving. My folks live right around the corner from that location and CTI and the UNC transmitter. One day, I'm going to climb on the roof and hook up an antenna for them. Maybe I'll be able to pick up that station and report back.

·
Registered
59 Posts
An update was filed on 11/25 for WTMV, WTMQ, and WTMH. A renewal application has been filed for WTMH and it was states the station is on the air. A request for 6 months of silence has been requested for WTMQ pending completion of new facilities. A request for 6 months of silence has been requested for WTMV so that new financing or a new owner can be lined up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
An update was filed on 11/25 for WTMV, WTMQ, and WTMH. A renewal application has been filed for WTMH and it was states the station is on the air. A request for 6 months of silence has been requested for WTMQ pending completion of new facilities. A request for 6 months of silence has been requested for WTMV so that new financing or a new owner can be lined up.
Thanks so much for the update! I haven't seen hide nor hair of WTMH. It must be at a very low output or maybe I need to do some antenna work to see if I can receive it again. Appreciate the info though. I'll see if I can pull it in here in Winterville.

·
Registered
34 Posts
RabbitEars.Info

I am local to the Wilmington in reception WWAY, WECT, WSFX, WUNJ all strong

Prior to the repack I had excellent reception of WYDO and WNUM

I receive WNCT, WCTI and WPXU all strong

I have WYDO in the guide but it goes from weak to no signal

WNUM will not even scan in

Are those two shaded more to the North?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anybody else lose WYDO on Friday, 12/4? Still out here in Washington on Sunday, 12/6. Do they have people on the tower trying to finally get their permanent antenna at the correct height?

·
Registered
4 Posts
RabbitEars.Info

I'm in Newport, what antenna do you use ?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
RabbitEars.Info

The tower for WYDO is still being worked on. WUMN is mounted on the same tower, so it is probably at low power sometimes... I get full signal on it right now. WYDO for me is poor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The tower for WYDO is still being worked on. WUMN is mounted on the same tower, so it is probably at low power sometimes... I get full signal on it right now. WYDO for me is poor.
Called station yesterday; responded back today. Have crew on tower trying to install permanent antenna. Weather not cooperating. They hope to finish by Friday if conditions improve, if not might be next week.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Called station yesterday; responded back today. Have crew on tower trying to install permanent antenna. Weather not cooperating. They hope to finish by Friday if conditions improve, if not might be next week.
I was getting this channel this morning then a complete failure in my coax line. I have one 150ft cable to run from the house through conduit to the bottom of the tower and 35ft from the groundblock to the preamp 1 ft beneath the antenna. Both cables are on order.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
If you have problems with channel 9 or 12 in this area, this is the antenna for you. If you live more than 50 miles away, you should use the one in this video, less than 50, use the smaller version, which is what I use in the attic.

10341 - 10360 of 10384 Posts