AVS Forum banner

10361 - 10380 of 10384 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
WYDO coming in loud and clear now; almost five bars on my signal indicator. Probably the strongest signal I ever received from that station, ever. WCTI's signal still not as strong as before the repack. With WYDO's antenna now at the right height, maybe they can now make the proper adjustments to WCTI's setup.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,362
Was just about to post same, getting full signal on WYDO and WCTI here in Washington.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
WCTI seems to be MUCH stronger than WNCT now. The top mounting of the antenna on the tower makes the difference I think.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,366
So now what stations are left not at full power?

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Maybe WUNK and WPXU, not really sure if they still haven't been turned up. WPXU was supposed to go on a different tower, that is higher that belongs to Capitol I think.

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
WUNK and WPXU should both be done.

- Trip

Reactions: jspENC

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Didn't WCTI sport a 10 day weather forecast? I've never seen a station go back after increasing the days. They have gone back to 7 days it looks like. I hardly watch local news anymore, so I could be wrong.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Didn't WCTI sport a 10 day weather forecast? I've never seen a station go back after increasing the days. They have gone back to 7 days it looks like. I hardly watch local news anymore, so I could be wrong.
You're right, last time I watched one of their newscasts, they did.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,373
UNC TV now PBS NC

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
Antenna TV is distributed in 4:3 SD only.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think he meant the WCTI and WYDO subs; they're windowboxed, I think the term is. I generally watch the the WLFL and WRDC versions of them because of that. My LR tv won't auto zoom them and I try to leave it on the direct setting so I don't have to change from channel to channel.

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
I think he meant the WCTI and WYDO subs; they're windowboxed, I think the term is. I generally watch the the WLFL and WRDC versions of them because of that. My LR tv won't auto zoom them and I try to leave it on the direct setting so I don't have to change from channel to channel. View attachment 3080648
I understood what he was saying. I was just confirming that Antenna TV natively distributes 4:3 SD. It's not available to stations in a 16:9 format like other diginets. On my station, we offer 16:9 on all subs, including Antenna TV, whether they are 4:3 or 16:9. Since Antenna TV is a part of my company, I have first hand knowledge on Antenna TV. Why WCTI chooses not to, I have no idea. I wish they did.
123.jpg

Reactions: idiotcontrol

·
Registered
122 Posts
I understood what he was saying. I was just confirming that Antenna TV natively distributes 4:3 SD. It's not available to stations in a 16:9 format like other diginets. On my station, we offer 16:9 on all subs, including Antenna TV, whether they are 4:3 or 16:9. Since Antenna TV is a part of my company, I have first hand knowledge on Antenna TV. Why WCTI chooses not to, I have no idea. I wish they did. View attachment 3081192
Cool. I pick y’all up fairly frequently on summer mornings along with WFMY. Nice to see Greensboro stations every so often!

10361 - 10380 of 10384 Posts