AVS Forum banner

10401 - 10420 of 10455 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,402 ·
Hope they replace qvc and Hsn as well. Nice to see some new channels appearing.

Reactions: Walter Raleigh

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hope they replace qvc and Hsn as well. Nice to see some new channels appearing.
I think Court TV Mystery and Bounce are bookmarked for those spots once their current deals end with NCT and YDO. If I had to guess, QVC and HSN will stay on until that happens. Only guessing that's the case though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
For anybody interested, there is a Channel Master 7777 preamplifier (Original 2 input) for sale on Ebay for $50 + $12 postage. I think this old model is the absolute best bang for the buck, if you can find one. I already have three in my personal stock for future replacement use on my own system, so I'm good... Just FYI.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think Court TV Mystery and Bounce are bookmarked for those spots once their current deals end with NCT and YDO. If I had to guess, QVC and HSN will stay on until that happens. Only guessing that's the case though.
I hope they migrate over as well, but I would not bet on it during the foreseeable future. Ion Media evidently made a nice chunk of change on their QVC/HSN deals; they certainly contributed to Ion's whopping 57% profit margin in 2019. Naturally, Scripps doesn't want to kill the goose that lays such golden eggs, so I suspect that they will continue the relationships for now. In any event, the original press release only mentions qubo, Ion Plus, and Shop disappearing on March 1st.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I hope they migrate over as well, but I would not bet on it during the foreseeable future. Ion Media evidently made a nice chunk of change on their QVC/HSN deals; they certainly contributed to Ion's whopping 57% profit margin in 2019. Naturally, Scripps doesn't want to kill the goose that lays such golden eggs, so I suspect that they will continue the relationships for now. In any event, the original press release only mentions qubo, Ion Plus, and Shop disappearing on March 1st.
Agreed. Someone, it might have been you, mentioned NCT’s deal for CTV Mystery ending in August of this year. I found that paperwork on the FCC site today. That poster also mentioned there was no contract end date specified for Bounce on YDO. I found that too. In any event, I don’t think QVC or HSN are going anywhere Monday.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Agreed. Someone, it might have been you, mentioned NCT’s deal for CTV Mystery ending in August of this year. I found that paperwork on the FCC site today. That poster also mentioned there was no contract end date specified for Bounce on YDO. I found that too. In any event, I don’t think QVC or HSN are going anywhere Monday.
Hopefully that means big news come August. If they do migrate the other two networks over to WEPX, I wonder if they will reorder the subchannels. Would think they would want CourtTV and CourtTV Mystery next to each other in the guide.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, woke up this morning to find Grit on 38-2 and CourtTV on 38-3. I assume they will switch channels on March 1st, since the digital guide still identifies 38-2 as CourtTV and 38-3 as Grit.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well, woke up this morning to find Grit on 38-2 and CourtTV on 38-3. I assume they will switch channels on March 1st, since the digital guide still identifies 38-2 as CourtTV and 38-3 as Grit.
Up in the triangle CourtTV is on 17.2 (WNCN, where it started) and now on 47.2 (WRPX) and 62.1 (WFPX).

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,410 · (Edited)
WEPX
Court TV 38.2
Grit 38.3
Laff 38.4
Now on the air and with Guide Data, Directv over the air guide still showing old channel data , not showing new listings till 6am Monday.

·
Registered
13 Posts
WEPX
Court TV 38.2
Grit 38.3
Laff 38.4
Now on the air and with Guide Data, Directv over the air guide still showing old channel data , not showing new listings till 6am Monday.
Same here. Hope they update the channel data faster than when WNCT switched 9-3 from GetTV to True Crime Network. The guide on my Roku TV did not show the correct info for that channel until yesterday.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I have Laff on 3 channels now, Court on 3 channels, and my Roku had to be rescanned before it showed correct guide data.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,413 ·
I have Laff on 3 channels now, Court on 3 channels, and my Roku had to be rescanned before it showed correct guide data.

Thats like PBS NC get WUND, WUNM, and WUNK.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is anyone else having audio difficulty with 38-4 Laff ? I have to crank the volume up to nearly 80% to hear it clearly (all other channels I watch at around 35% of max volume).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Is anyone else having audio difficulty with 38-4 Laff ? I have to crank the volume up to nearly 80% to hear it clearly (all other channels I watch at around 35% of max volume).
Sounds fine on my living room tv. I keep mine on about 15 and switched over from WNCT to WEPX 38.4 and didn't have to adjust the sound during That 70s Show.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds fine on my living room tv. I keep mine on about 15 and switched over from WNCT to WEPX 38.4 and didn't have to adjust the sound during That 70s Show.
Thanks. I checked again this afternoon and the sound level seems closer to the other channels now. Perhaps my soundbar was the problem?

Weird glitch on UNC-TV at 5:30 pm today-- Arthur is showing on 19-1, 19-2, and 19-4 (all of which are should be showing other programming at this time). Ironically only UNC Kids 19-3 is showing something different (Curious George)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,418 ·
I had low audio the last few days also on Laff.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Had occasionally started getting WARZ TV / Retro Tv lately but I hadnt paid much attention to it (hasn't shown a schedule for this station on my tv boxes)
but I was just scanning through the channels & surprisingly noticed the ending of a DrWho show (3rd Dr / 1970-74).

I searched Retro Tv & found a guide

10401 - 10420 of 10455 Posts