AVS Forum banner

13161 - 13180 of 13354 Posts

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
It's a role of the dice. Channel 3 is out of Charlotte. I used to get it on rare occasion near Furman, but haven't been able to get it for almost two months even with an outdoor antenna. Granted, none of the predictors say I should be able to get it. Put your indoor antenna at/near a window facing in the general direction of Charlotte. Good luck.
If you are north of Laurens Rd. you should be able to receive WBTV from Charlotte with a good UHF antenna and amplifier. I got a very strong signal with an attic antenna when I lived off Butler Rd. near Mauldin. Full 10 bars. 3.3 is the new Circle channel that features country music programming. But if trees or hills block the reception path to the northeast it may be problematic.

A good UHF antenna is the Clearstream 4MAX sold at Best Buy. You may need to add an amplifier. Also a good indoor antenna is the Antop 800SBS with an indoor stand and built in amplifier.

WBTV-3 is the strongest Charlotte signal, although WJZY FOX-46 is still working on upgrading their repack signal to full power. When this happens it should be similar coverage area to WBTV, according to the coverage maps.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I seen a news article where ATT is going stop Market Directv and focus on online streaming service instead so look like Directv brand will be thing of the pass and att market the online brand such aka Directv now since many people has cut the cord and gone with online streaming and over the air channels.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I assume that means Grit will leave 31.3. What diginet would you like to see replace it? I 'd like THIS!, Circle, NewsNet or a streaming weather radar.

I sent a FB Message to WGGS the owner of 31 and they will be Losing Grit to WHNS i reply back to ask them if they might have any idea on what network they might try replace Grit with.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
WHNS 21-5 Grit TV is live now.
Hope they have good encoders and the video quality hasn't deteriorated. The main HD channel for FOX looks about the same on 21 as 46, and WJZY has a lot more subchannels. The Grit picture is good on WBTV but I haven't seen it on WHNS yet.

·
Registered
269 Posts
This is the way Grit TV displays their channel in this area. It makes it look like it will be on both stations.

Greenville-Spartanburg, SC
W31AZ | WHNS
31.3 | 21.5

13161 - 13180 of 13354 Posts