AVS Forum banner

13181 - 13200 of 13352 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I called WHNS about 31.5 they said they were short staffed and doing the best they could.

I thought they learned how to deal with staffing issues in broadcast school...hmmm :)

Attachments

·
Registered
899 Posts
I got a msg from someone else saying that this was a test and it would be awhile before they can turn it on.

I think they having to wait till the 31.3 contract to expire before they turn it on on 21.5 as they did the same test before with turn on 21.2 CoziTV as they turn it on for little while then turn it back off i remember watching the old 21.2 weather radar channel and the audio of GSP weather and then all at once they flip the switch to coziTV

·
Registered
292 Posts
As of Friday March 20 GRIT 21.5 is back on the air.

I know it's not really important considering the gravity of the current pandemic outbreak but
at least it is a distraction. Thanks FoxCarolina and staff.

·
Registered
899 Posts
It would be nice if WGGS TV 16 the owners of channel 31 could replace the Grit channel on 31.3 with a second MeTV channel since WYFF 4 like to pre empt METV for other programs back when it was on WSPA 7.2 they didn't pre empt it as much as WYFF 4 (heast Communcations) does.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Eddie_T, WSPA's construction permit to switch to rf 11 is good until July 3, 2020, so you still have a little time to shop around.

Jim - Springfield, Missouri
My current DIY VHF antenna gets a decent signal but I think I will replace it with another DIY, the Stealth Hawk which has a UHF diamond section at the top. If the antenna does well on rf-7 it should do even better on rf-11 especially if power is boosted.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I bent my 60" hank of aluminum ground wire into the Stealth Hawk configuration and mounted it on my mast below the 91XG yagi. I used a heat gun to bend the handle off an old grill brush to 90° and drilled it for a U bolt and antenna/balun attachment. Below is the antanna diagram and an installed picture. The installation is out of perpective due to camera angle and distance.

It picks up WYFF, WSPA, WLOS, WUNC, WHNS and WUNF and is not as ugly as the half circle dipole it replaces.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The signal for WGGS-TV (virtual 16.1) is now being duplicated on virtual Channel 28.5. I don't know if it's a test for adding a different channel later, or a permanent repeater station.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Anyone else having no reception of UNC DT 33.1,2,3,4,5?

I usually get a 5/5 signal out of this station and suddenly today nothing at all.
Perhaps the storm we had on Monday required them to go off air to repair the antenna or transmitter?
If you know anything chime in thanks!

·
Registered
6,973 Posts

I usually get a 5/5 signal out of this station and suddenly today nothing at all.
Perhaps the storm we had on Monday required them to go off air to repair the antenna or transmitter?
Perhaps due to summer season weather conditions when things get screwy late night and early morning.

But here in Spartanburg County I get very strong signal for UNC-TV on RF36 which is WUNE Linville, virtual channel 17. Full 10 bars. But that signal drops off into Greenville Ciounty.

·
Registered
269 Posts

I'm getting WUNF (display channel 33 - RF 20) here in Oconee County. My TV says Signal level 83% and Signal Quality 52% which is great for my location. They have a null toward the western mountains.

Which station do you recieve? They aren't listing any problems on their website. But they are VERY slow about posting that info.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I'm getting WUNF (display channel 33 - RF 20) here in Oconee County. My TV says Signal level 83% and Signal Quality 52% which is great for my location. They have a null toward the western mountains.

Which station do you recieve? They aren't listing any problems on their website. But they are VERY slow about posting that info.
UNC-TV website says WUNF repack work is complete on the permanent antenna, channel 33/RF20. But still working on WUNE-17 Linville, RF36 and other stations delayed due to coronavirus.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The shopping channel QVC2 is showing up on Channel 3-6 on my TVs, but it's not coming from WBTV. The physical channel is listed as 16, so I assume it's from the LP station operated by Carolina Christian Broadcasting.

·
Registered
260 Posts
UNC-TV website says WUNF repack work is complete on the permanent antenna, channel 33/RF20. But still working on WUNE-17 Linville, RF36 and other stations delayed due to coronavirus.
Their website says repack work on WUNE was complete as of April 6.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Their website says repack work on WUNE was complete as of April 6.
Thanks for updating since I last looked. They were initially scheduled for installation March 12 and completion by March 20. But were delayed due to coronavirus. Glad to hear they are done now. Still get a good strong signal in Spartanburg County from both WUNE Linville and WUNF Asheville.

13181 - 13200 of 13352 Posts