AVS Forum banner

13201 - 13220 of 13346 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks for updating since I last looked. They were initially scheduled for installation March 12 and completion by March 20. But were delayed due to coronavirus. Glad to hear they are done now. Still get a good strong signal in Spartanburg County from both WUNE Linville and WUNF Asheville.

I get RF 20 WUNF...before April 15 or 16 I would always get a solid 5/5 signal with no changes prior...
then I lost the signal entirely on April 16, when it came back during the evening the signal was now only about a 3-4/5 and the signal would vary quite a bit with lots of drop outs and this hasn't changed since then. Pretty strange. All my other channels are still as they were prior to April 16 in signal strength so I doubt it is a TV tuner problem. Seems like UNC changed something on their end. I'm in northwest Anderson county near the GA border.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I get RF 20 WUNF...before April 15 or 16 I would always get a solid 5/5 signal with no changes prior...
then I lost the signal entirely on April 16, when it came back during the evening the signal was now only about a 3-4/5 and the signal would vary quite a bit with lots of drop outs and this hasn't changed since then. Pretty strange. All my other channels are still as they were prior to April 16 in signal strength so I doubt it is a TV tuner problem. Seems like UNC changed something on their end. I'm in northwest Anderson county near the GA border.
So given where you are like me you're in their null. For me moving my antenna just a couple of inches up or down make a huge difference. But I think that because I'm pretty high up in the mountains. I don't know if it would help you or not.

Just because I'm curious. Can you get Georgia Pubic TV on their Hartwell/Royston translator on channel 11?
I'm not a big fan of GPTV I think UNC TV does a much better job than Georgia or SC.

·
Registered
292 Posts
So given where you are like me you're in their null. For me moving my antenna just a couple of inches up or down make a huge difference. But I think that because I'm pretty high up in the mountains. I don't know if it would help you or not.

Just because I'm curious. Can you get Georgia Pubic TV on their Hartwell/Royston translator on channel 11?
I'm not a big fan of GPTV I think UNC TV does a much better job than Georgia or SC.
I'm down near Lake Hartwell so I doubt moving my antenna will help much.

No I can't get GPB I'm in Anderson County SC.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
We are now in repack Phase 10 from May to July. Anybody know if WSPA/WYCW still on target to move from RF7 to RF11 or will there be delay due to coronavirus? So far no delays indicated so perhaps they will be on schedule. Also SCETV supposed to move WNTV from RF9 to RF8 if they remain on schedule. I can get both WSPA and WNTV with a UHF antenna, but I do use rabbit ears to pull in RF13-WLOS. Hopefully no antenna changes will be necessary.

·
Registered
50 Posts
We are now in repack Phase 10 from May to July. Anybody know if WSPA/WYCW still on target to move from RF7 to RF11 or will there be delay due to coronavirus? So far no delays indicated so perhaps they will be on schedule. Also SCETV supposed to move WNTV from RF9 to RF8 if they remain on schedule. I can get both WSPA and WNTV with a UHF antenna, but I do use rabbit ears to pull in RF13-WLOS. Hopefully no antenna changes will be necessary.

On a related note, is there going to be a range drop off in WSPA going from 7 to 11?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Anybody know if WSPA/WYCW still on target to move from RF7 to RF11 or will there be delay due to coronavirus? So far no delays indicated so perhaps they will be on schedule.
The latest progress report they filed at the end of April says they don't expect to finish their final facility on time because of Covid-19 related shipment and crew delays, and that Coast to Coast, their hired tower crew, has ceased work due to travel restrictions:
https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/public/tv/draftCopy.html?displayType=html&appKey=25076f91718a638f01719e5d648a17f2&id=25076f91718a638f01719e5d648a17f2&goBack=N
Disruptions in deliveries and crew availability due to coronavirus lockdowns are expected to impact our ability to complete repack.
Coast to Coast has ceased all repack work due to coronavirus travel restrictions.
On a related note, is there going to be a range drop off in WSPA going from 7 to 11?
No, it's coming with an increase to 2212' and 33.5 kW, which will give them a 77.7 mile contour on RF 11, compared to their current 75.9 mile contour on RF 7 from 2188' at 25.7 kW

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
The latest progress report they filed at the end of April says they don't expect to finish their final facility on time because of Covid-19 related shipment and crew delays, and that Coast to Coast, their hired tower crew, has ceased work due to travel restrictions:
https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/public/tv/draftCopy.html?displayType=html&appKey=25076f91718a638f01719e5d648a17f2&id=25076f91718a638f01719e5d648a17f2&goBack=N

No, it's coming with an increase to 2212' and 33.5 kW, which will give them a 77.7 mile contour on RF 11, compared to their current 75.9 mile contour on RF 7 from 2188' at 25.7 kW
That's what I was wondering if a FCC report indicated a delay. As apparently many tower projects have been delayed due to coronavirus. But good news whenever all is said and done the coverage area may be slightly increasing.

·
Registered
268 Posts
^On a somewhat related note: I noticed that WMYA has been given until 9/9/2020 to complete their power increase to 750 kw. They are currently operating at 150 kw. I'm hoping the increase will improve their signal into Oconee county.

While I'm not getting SCETV from Columbia, I am getting a great signal from their Greenwood station.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
WUNF is holding strong here @ 32dB, amazing, being so far away from the tower. WHNS is still my strongest GSP local, solid 33dB
Despite delay, UNC-TV has done good job with their repack signals. I get full strength signal from both WUNE Linvillle and WUNF Asheville at my location in Spartanburg County.

I forget your location, but are you still getting good reception from CLT and GSP repack stations?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Despite delay, UNC-TV has done good job with their repack signals. I get full strength signal from both WUNE Linvillle and WUNF Asheville at my location in Spartanburg County.

I forget your location, but are you still getting good reception from CLT and GSP repack stations?

WLOS is missing... Still puzzled about that

WSPA is partially blocked by terrain, 20dB
I don't know how, but even on reduced power, I'm getting WMYA @ 16-17dB. Weak, but locked. Maybe the atmosphere is in a good mood.

WYFF 30dB
WBTV, WJZY, and WCNC would come in with a clothes hanger.

WSOC 30dB
WAXN 18-20dB, It's always been a pain
WUNG is the same, but I can get a lock , 18-20dB
WTVI - 22-25dB, bounces around, but locked
WUNE - 36dB, it's always blasted in
WHKY - 32dB
WNSC - Trees block me to the south, but I can get 20dB
WCCB - 30dB

·
Registered
8 Posts

WLOS is missing... Still puzzled about that

WSPA is partially blocked by terrain, 20dB
I don't know how, but even on reduced power, I'm getting WMYA @ 16-17dB. Weak, but locked. Maybe the atmosphere is in a good mood.

WYFF 30dB
WBTV, WJZY, and WCNC would come in with a clothes hanger.

WSOC 30dB
WAXN 18-20dB, It's always been a pain
WUNG is the same, but I can get a lock , 18-20dB
WTVI - 22-25dB, bounces around, but locked
WUNE - 36dB, it's always blasted in
WHKY - 32dB
WNSC - Trees block me to the south, but I can get 20dB
WCCB - 30dB
I got WYFF, Fox Carolina, NC and SC PBS and My TV with a clothes hanger.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wonder when was he last time that WSPA had a game show not named Price is Right or Let's Make a Deal? I'm guessing Family Feud with Ray Combs or the 1990 version of Joker's Wild with Pat Finn(does daytime Wheel of Fortune count too?) I don't think they've had a game show at 4 since TJW.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Damage to SCETV towers in Greenville takes channels 29 and public radio down.

https://www.foxcarolina.com/news/scetv-off-air-in-greenville-after-broadcast-tower-damaged/article_e4a91cb4-9afb-11ea-b314-eb6901402f52.html?utm_source=FOX Carolina News&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Breaking News

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
From ETV's website this morning. 5/21/20

UPSTATE TOWER UPDATE: #SCETV 's Greenville tower sustained weather damage Wednesday evening, May 20. Fortunately, we've been able to temporarily repair the damage, so all of our television (WNTV-29 and WRET-49) and radio (WEPR 90.1 FM) signals should be restored. However, additional outages could occur in the days ahead as a more permanent solution is implemented.

·
Registered
895 Posts
There was one more game show that 7 aired in 90 with Dick Clark, can't remember the title, or if it was CBS or syndicated.
it could been one of the five versions of the Pyramid game show

channel 7 used to air around 7:30pm every night Price is Right with Tom Kenndy has Host and the version that Dennis James Hosted and the family feud with Richard Dawson and then Ray combs then Richard Dawson return to finished out the season

·
Registered
895 Posts
is andybody having trouble getting Rf 15 channel 31 in last few days as it signal seam weak over here in Spartanburg where i live i don't know if the same issue that effected Greenville scetv 29 effected RF 15 also or not

13201 - 13220 of 13346 Posts