AVS Forum banner

13221 - 13240 of 13337 Posts

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
is andybody having trouble getting Rf 15 channel 31 in last few days as it signal seam weak over here in Spartanburg where i live i don't know if the same issue that effected Greenville scetv 29 effected RF 15 also or not
I rescan and punch in RF15 and it come back channel 31. Perhaps technical problem from the storm since near SCETV damage on Paris Mtn. But SCETV should be working on move from RF9 to RF8 by July for repack unless they have delay. 29 and 49 now same signal since RF43 sign off for repack.

·
Registered
138 Posts
is andybody having trouble getting Rf 15 channel 31 in last few days as it signal seam weak over here in Spartanburg where i live i don't know if the same issue that effected Greenville scetv 29 effected RF 15 also or not
I get it fine on my TVs, but not on my Tablo (which uses the same antenna). There must have been some reduction in signal strength.

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Will they be full power or temporary antenna? Don't see any more reports indicating a delay for WSPA. But apparently WNTV may be on a temporary antenna before they go to full power because they are rebuilding the tower. They have STA extension from the FCC, but not sure about the timeline. But it does seem July will be the changeover time for WSPA and SCETV.

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Decided to replace my LNA-200 Preamp with a CM-7777HD. Will post changes, once I get it.
That may help as it gives you the choice of both high and low gain. Since the repack more channels are closer together and seems to cause more overload and interference issues. I have had to adjust amplifiers and antennas to prevent pixelation and dropouts on certain channels. I also added the new CM LTE filter before the preamp and it helped pull in WSOC and avoided interference on WBTV. But it may be more of an attenuator rather than the LTE issue, but it helped stabilize all channels using 43XG antenna and LNA200 preamp. Perhaps since the repack you have some sort of overload or harmonic issue with WLOS.

·
Registered
490 Posts
That may help as it gives you the choice of both high and low gain. Since the repack more channels are closer together and seems to cause more overload and interference issues. I have had to adjust amplifiers and antennas to prevent pixelation and dropouts on certain channels. I also added the new CM LTE filter before the preamp and it helped pull in WSOC and avoided interference on WBTV. But it may be more of an attenuator rather than the LTE issue, but it helped stabilize all channels using 43XG antenna and LNA200 preamp. Perhaps since the repack you have some sort of overload or harmonic issue with WLOS.

So far it's looking promising. I don't use use a rotor on my antenna, as it needs to go and down to find the "sweet spot" for CLT vs GSP locals. I'm using the high gain setting, am receiving WLOS at 17dB, WSPA at 27dB, WUNF 36dB, WYFF 29dB, WHNS 34dB. I picked up WNTV on VHF 9, but it's not watchable.

Looking good on CLT locals as well. WCNC, WBTV, and WJZY all 35-37dB. WSOC and WCCB ~ 25-27dB, WAXN 22dB, WUNG 25dB, and WTVI at 19dB.
42 and 64 def need the amp on the high gain setting for stability. I'll just use an attenuation pad for the Gaston County locals. I'm sure I could get higher numbers on some of those, but I found a spot where they all come in steady, without breakups.

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
So far it's looking promising. I don't use use a rotor on my antenna, as it needs to go and down to find the "sweet spot" for CLT vs GSP locals. I'm using the high gain setting, am receiving WLOS at 17dB, WSPA at 27dB, WUNF 36dB, WYFF 29dB, WHNS 34dB. I picked up WNTV on VHF 9, but it's not watchable.

Looking good on CLT locals as well. WCNC, WBTV, and WJZY all 35-37dB. WSOC and WCCB ~ 25-27dB, WAXN 22dB, WUNG 25dB, and WTVI at 19dB.
42 and 64 def need the amp on the high gain setting for stability. I'll just use an attenuation pad for the Gaston County locals. I'm sure I could get higher numbers on some of those, but I found a spot where they all come in steady, without breakups.
Good results. I think WNTV may be reduced power as they rebuild their tower and prepare for repack. Both WSPA and WNTV are supposed to change in July.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I hope WSPA & WNTV swtich channels at the same time. With my newer TVs it's no problem to just manually add a new channel without doing a complete rescan. But I have this older Vizio plasma that doesn't have the option. All you can do is a complete rescan. That creates a small problem. I can get almost everyone I recieve from one antenna. But WMYA, WGGS & WGTA require antennas pointing in different directions. Last time I got lucky. It was rare night I was to get everyone except WGGS from one antenna. That will probably never happen during the summer months.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Is WMYA still on reduced power? I'm pointed directly at it and it's coming in here at around 16dB (barely watchable) all day. I don't see how I should be getting it at all, even at full power. I'm not in the contour map, nor is any signal showing on the Longley-Rice version :confused:

·
Registered
490 Posts
The majority of my interference on WSPA is gone after I added a second FM Trap. Considering I can see WBAV's transmitter from my roof, I figured it wouldn't hurt.

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks, should receive it reliably once it's full power.
Same here. They only cover half of Oconee County no matter what power they're on. But I get a pretty good signal. If there heavy rain or strong winds I lose them. Also, I lose both them and WGTA from Toccoa if there's heavy fog. Which happens more than you might think. Oconee is pretty much surrounded by water.

I'm hoping when they go to 750Kw that they might be strong enough for my main antenna to get them.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Same here. They only cover half of Oconee County no matter what power they're on. But I get a pretty good signal. If there heavy rain or strong winds I lose them. Also, I lose both them and WGTA from Toccoa if there's heavy fog. Which happens more than you might think. Oconee is pretty much surrounded by water.

I'm hoping when they go to 750Kw that they might be strong enough for my main antenna to get them.

I'm so confused on how I'm even getting it at all, especially on reduced power. Put in zip code 28016 and see how far away I am!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm so confused on how I'm even getting it at all, especially on reduced power. Put in zip code 28016 and see how far away I am!
Wow, that's pretty interesting. The Longley Rice shows WMYA having mostly bad signal in Spartanburg. I would have never thought you could get them that far away.

Makes me want to try from some Augusta stations. I can get SCETV's Greenwood station and I keep thinking I might be able to get some Augusta stations.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Wow, that's pretty interesting. The Longley Rice shows WMYA having mostly bad signal in Spartanburg. I would have never thought you could get them that far away.

Makes me want to try from some Augusta stations. I can get SCETV's Greenwood station and I keep thinking I might be able to get some Augusta stations.

Still holding strong, in the middle of the afternoon.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
So I'm in the Charlotte Area, but WSPA has been coming in fine for almost a year, now it will not come in at all. Using the HDHomeRun as my tuner and Signal GH as the meter, I've got 62% strength but 0% quality. It don't not work on my TV nor my TiVo. Anyone have any ideas what could be happening?

13221 - 13240 of 13337 Posts