AVS Forum banner

13521 - 13540 of 13546 Posts

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
Is anybody in Spartanburg Receive the WNGS LD from Parris Mountain. that station antenna signal must not be reaching Spartanburg Area unlike the RF 15 channel 31
I can receive the Low Power RF33 channel 50 from Paris Mountain but it is a spotty signal and may drop in and out unless I point the antenna exactly toward Greenville. And it is harder to receive WNGS as the RF15 channel 31 Low Power channel come in better from Paris Mountain. I am able to rotate the Antop 800SBS antenna on the living room table as needed toward GSP or Charlotte.

·
Registered
302 Posts
EPG on WNTV/WRET working again. Yes I sent them an email to tell them it wasn't working even though I said I wasn't gonna do that anymore. But I did because I wanted it to work. I actually look at the info when watching TV.

·
Registered
152 Posts
WHNS was where I first saw The Fugitive with David Jenson. I'd tape it and my Dad and I would watch it while eating supper. The Fugitive and baseball were the only things my Dad and both liked on TV.
That's where i saw Perry Mason. That show blew my mind a lot. Perry’s clients didn’t just get off, mind you in those days. They got to sit there while the real culprit (who was inevitably sitting in the courtroom) broke down, spewed tears and confessed his or her crime under Mason’s battering cross-examination, and Often the deciding clue would be rushed into the courtroom at the very last moment by Paul Drake.

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
WYFF-4 morning meteorologist Dale Gilbert announced his retirement today. A local radio and TV legend, and one of the last of the veteran long time broadcasters. Always courteous and professional, with appealing demeanor. He will be missed but may still fill in from time to time.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Looks like WGGS may have dropped Light TV since they switch to Grio TV. 16.4 is now blank.
They might didn't sign any affialte agreement with grio also since WGGS is a Christain station the grio format might didn't fit in with them they might look and find a new network to replace Light TV channel they might add another shopping channel like HSN or Christian channel of TBN,CBN

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
I hope WGGS would bring one of the channel from there two other stations because so few can pick them up the signal is so low.
In Spartanburg County I get a much better signal from their Low Power sister station Channel 31/RF15. It is hard to pick up Channel 16/RF2. WGGS had a much better signal before the repack when they were on UHF channel 16. I finally found a sweet spot in the attic to splice in rabbit ears fully extended with an inline amp. I don not have room for a large antenna with the long elements needed for Low VHF. I am not sure what made them choose to move to Low VHF, or perhaps there was not much choice in the matter. But I wish they would simulcast 16.1 and SBN on Channel 31/RF15 as it would give them better coverage. I do like the Decades on 31.6.

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
Anyone getting a better signal lately on WJZY-FOX46 from Charlotte? They recently boosted their power, and I was able to receive it at my sister's house in northern Greenville County with an attic antenna. I think their signal is now more similar to WBTV, which has a good signal in parts of the Upstate. WJZY has a promo announcing a new stronger signal and urged viewers to rescan or tune in RF25. They are now owned by Nexstar and are now a sister station to WSPA, and I have seen regional news coverage shared by both stations.

·
Registered
302 Posts
They choose to move to VHF channel 2 because they were paid 43 MILLION dollars to do so in the spectrum auction.
In Spartanburg County I get a much better signal from their Low Power sister station Channel 31/RF15. It is hard to pick up Channel 16/RF2. WGGS had a much better signal before the repack when they were on UHF channel 16. I finally found a sweet spot in the attic to splice in rabbit ears fully extended with an inline amp. I don not have room for a large antenna with the long elements needed for Low VHF. I am not sure what made them choose to move to Low VHF, or perhaps there was not much choice in the matter. But I wish they would simulcast 16.1 and SBN on Channel 31/RF15 as it would give them better coverage. I do like the Decades on 31.6.
They could have also chosen to build a taller antenna to make that signal easier to receive but it would seem they didn't want to waste any of their 43 million dollars on their viewers.

·
Registered
151 Posts
They choose to move to VHF channel 2 because they were paid 43 MILLION dollars to do so in the spectrum auction.

They could have also chosen to build a taller antenna to make that signal easier to receive but it would seem they didn't want to waste any of their 43 million dollars on their viewers.
I wonder if the antenna height is limited in any way by proximity to GSP Airport (I know it's not extremely close).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Seems religious outfits will be all that's left on VHF-Lo. As bereft as shortwave radio has become, with the difference being in the sometimes terrific subchannels they bring aboard to help keep the lights on.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Seems religious outfits will be all that's left on VHF-Lo. As bereft as shortwave radio has become, with the difference being in the sometimes terrific subchannels they bring aboard to help keep the lights on.
After 20 or so years without, I bought a cheap shortwave radio a few months back to see what was out there. My discovery: virtually nothing on the air. It's a far cry from before.

13521 - 13540 of 13546 Posts