AVS Forum banner

13781 - 13800 of 13824 Posts

·
Registered
WTFDA Member (Worldwide TV-FM DX Association) DX above 30 mHz Google for website and check it out!
176 Posts
WGGS does have an app on Roku. It's free. But you only get their main signal. None of the sub-channels. I have not put on my Roku. It would only be useful to me if I could get Quest. It's the only channel WGGS airs that I watch.
I might check that out, just out of curiosity, but their programming isn't my religious persuasion, so like Daystar, I would rarely if ever watch them. I would enjoy hearing Billy Graham, though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I watch Pastor Benny and Michael J on the WGGS app Sunday at 12-12:30. Michael J is an excellent guitar player and he and/or Lisa usually sing a couple of hymns.

I lost WSPA, I guess it's the leaves. I can stream my favorites from my Chromebook via an HDMI cable. The CBS app asks for my TV provider and won't accept OTA.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
I might check that out, just out of curiosity, but their programming isn't my religious persuasion, so like Daystar, I would rarely if ever watch them. I would enjoy hearing Billy Graham, though.
In addition to Billy Graham, WGGS was a flagship station of the PTL Club and carried the Jim and Tammy Show. They currently carry the new Jim Bakker program, and Tammy Faye hosted the You Can Make It show with station founder Joanne Thompson in her last years before she passed away. It was taped at the WGGS channel 16 studio. Despite the scandal, the music and production quality of the PTL programs was excellent. They also carry Jimmy Swaggarts SBN network on 16.3 and his gospel music is very good.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've just learned a cell tower is going to be built very close to my house. What kind of interference can I expect?

My Televes amp says it's fine tuned to reject interference from FM & 5G over 608 MHz.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've also been reading about Franken FM stations. These are low powered analog TV stations on channel 6 whose audio can be heard on 87.7. These stations are supposed to go off the air soon. It seems like there are only 20 or so anyway. What I find interesting is how much time and money and effort NPR has invested in trying to get these stations off the air. I think their claim of interference is overblown. They also claim the antenna height for these stations unregulated. That doesn't sound right. I thought every broadcast tower had to have approval for their height.

·
Registered
974 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I Saw on Facebook where Geoff Hart won't be returning

WYFF News 4’s Geoff Hart announced Thursday that he will not be returning to WYFF 4 after being diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s disease. Geoff has been on medical leave since late December 2020. My prayers go out Geoff Hart and his family and to the WYFF News 4 family.

Geoff is a VERY nice guy. I was around him frequently when he was doing sports. Pray for him and his family if that's something you believe in.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
I Saw on Facebook where Geoff Hart won't be returning

WYFF News 4’s Geoff Hart announced Thursday that he will not be returning to WYFF 4 after being diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s disease. Geoff has been on medical leave since late December 2020. My prayers go out Geoff Hart and his family and to the WYFF News 4 family.

I was afraid due to his Leave of Absence he was undergoing some sort of health challenge. Sorry to hear this news and wish him the best.

·
Registered
WTFDA Member (Worldwide TV-FM DX Association) DX above 30 mHz Google for website and check it out!
176 Posts
By request and due to its broader appeal, the Cell Frequencies discussion has been split off into its own thread.

(289) What Frequencies Do the Cellular Services Use | AVS Forum
No problem, I just thought it was especially applicable to Greenville SC because they have a low-VHF DTV station (WGGS-16-2 OTA) and, for now anyway, three high-VHF full-power stations. The difficult terrain up that way also makes reception problems, in general, more relevant than they would be in some other more low-lying markets.

·
Super Moderator
18,460 Posts
No problem, I just thought it was especially applicable to Greenville SC because they have a low-VHF DTV station (WGGS-16-2 OTA) and, for now anyway, three high-VHF full-power stations. The difficult terrain up that way also makes reception problems, in general, more relevant than they would be in some other more low-lying markets.
Don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong with continuing the local discussion, here. Trip correctly figured that information needed to live in Technical where everyone can see and link to it as necessary.

Carry on. :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong with continuing the local discussion, here. Trip correctly figured that information needed to live in Technical where everyone can see and link to it as necessary.

Carry on. :D
No problem. I am fairly new here on AVS Forum and might not be quite sure where the "off-topic" threshold lies. Different forums do things differently, and any worthwhile discussion about anything, can often take on an organic life of its own. I have also participated in several faith-based forums --- which this one clearly is not, home theater is something pretty much everyone can agree on --- and have, from time to time, gotten "dinged" as being off-topic, usually by someone whose feathers I've managed to ruffle when my ideas have challenged their sensibilities, and in a spirit of fraternal charity (sarcasm alert here), they have then gone back through my posts like Pac-man eating dots, reporting me to the moderators and trying to get me in trouble. I know we are of a higher mind and purpose here. These are great forums and they have already enriched my video hobby immensely.

Carrying on here... :)

·
Super Moderator
18,460 Posts
If it's an off-topic issue, you'll know. Ask anyone. I'm pretty blunt about that. This was more of a "bigger stage" thing. :)

·
Super Moderator
18,460 Posts
Not so sure my post was "off topic" as I was asking how cell towers might effect my HD TV reception. But whatever.
If you'll read what I wrote, nothing was off-topic. Your posts weren't removed. That particular Q-and-A was just given its own thread in Technical and linked above for the benefit of others. We felt Trip's information was better suited for a wider audience, so to speak.

Also, as I posted, if I take action because something's off-topic, you'll know either through an in-thread post or a private message. For the Local threads in particular, I rarely do anything until other members complain.

Further questions concerning moderator actions should be PM'd to me as this really IS off-topic for this thread and will eventually be removed. Yes, I delete my own posts, sometimes. :) Also, I don't subscribe to every thread, so if I'm asked something here, I might not see it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Regarding WYFF4 News Dale Gilbert is filling in over the holiday weekend on the early news at 4:30AM.

Nice to see a familiar face return, and he looks happy to be back, I think he misses the regular job just a bit!

😁

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Regarding WYFF4 News Dale Gilbert is filling in over the holiday weekend on the early news at 4:30AM.

Nice to see a familiar face return, and he looks happy to be back, I think he misses the regular job just a bit!

😁
Yes good to see him back as he is missed.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Regarding the "Shop LC" channel on 4.3 DT OTA...

There are some funny and interesting characters on this channel as guests. One is a guy named Tony Diniz I imagine he is a gem stone buyer and or gemologist located in Brazil. He tells some of the most interesting stories about his travels to buy gem stones, sounds like a very odd, weird, and sometimes disturbing job as you travel around the world to buy them.

I hope they keep him on and he tells more of his travel stories.

13781 - 13800 of 13824 Posts