AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order to help solve my OTA reception problems, my local Good Guys referred me to a place called "Satellite Connection." Apparently they install an antenna which is shaped like a grid and is about 4' by 3'

Does anybody know how well these work? I have not seen a picture of one before.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
224 Posts
It sounds a fthe Channel Master 4228 and 4248. You may want to look for their descriptions at www.channelmaster.com

Their primary benefit is that they eliminate multipath distortion, which results in ghosts with analog stations. This can also make it more difficult to lock in digital stations, or cause dropouts.

They have good gain, but not as good as the best yagi antennas.

------------------

Fred S

·
Registered
750 Posts
Minor clarification: The CM 4248 is a Yagi (I have one). You are correct in referring to the 4228 as the likely "grid" antenna.

------------------

-Jason

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had previously installed the Radio Shack "chevron-shaped" antenna, which had great gain, but was quite directional. (I am located in the Portland, Oregon area, and all of my six digital local stations' transmitters are located to the west of me, but at two separate locations, and I could tune to either, but not both acceptablly.)

I bought the grid-shaped antenna, and have been quite pleased. The gain isn't as high, but is acceptable, and the antenna is much less directional.

For what it's worth...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.