AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this question is appropriate for this forum. Anyway some fabric has pulled away from the frame of the grill on my subwoofer. What is the best way to fix this? Specifically, what type of adhesive should I use and how to keep the fabric under tension while the adhesive sets?

· Registered
21,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Alcasid /forum/post/16851952

Hope this question is appropriate for this forum. Anyway some fabric has pulled away from the frame of the grill on my subwoofer. What is the best way to fix this? Specifically, what type of adhesive should I use and how to keep the fabric under tension while the adhesive sets?

hi ron, welcome.

finding a glue that won't bleed through cloth is going to be tough.

you may try a couple drops of a gel-style super glue. very, very, minimal amounts.

if there is any way that you can pull the cloth tight and secure it from points that won't be seen would be ideal. then you won't have to worry about bleed-through.

· Registered
139 Posts
I assume you need to glue the cloth back to the underside of the grille, where any glue bleed through will not be noticed.

You can use contact cement, or silicone. Make up some small hooks using paper clips to allow you to pull the cloth onto position while the glue dries.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.