AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now towards the end of ownership of my second lcd projector, its a modest HopperSV10. So its now time to start thinking about an upgrade. One of the problems I feel has been ignored in all the stuff I've read so far, has been that of grime on the various optics and this I feel is neglected whereas dust is seen more important. If you polish a wine glass and leave it in a fairly sterile environment it still will eventually form a film of grime, so within the hoover like mechanisms of a projector working in all sorts of conditions, this must surely be disastrous after a extended period of use? Yes I know that there is a filter on the air intake but in my opinion based on the two projectors I have owned they are totally inadequate, letting far to much muck get through to the optics of the projector. I actually constructed a base with its own fan and filter which then supplies the Hopper's filter with pre cleaned air, and I can assure you that this works extremely well with the Hopper's filter not needing a clean for over a year now. Also I reasoned that with a faster through put of air the lamp would run cooler and hopefully extend its operating life.

With all this in mind I feel drawn towards the Sim HT200/250/300 range which claim sealed optics.

Does anyone out there know of any other LCD DLP projector that boasts sealed optics?

Any comments? Have I failed to grasp something somewhere?

Feel free to contradict me

Lawrence

------------------

Lawrence

·
Registered
269 Posts
Lawrence,

The Seleco DLP's are certainly a blessing with their sealed optics. I own a HT200 and there is absolutely no dust allowed into the optics. However, one still has to be cognizant of the air intake and fan exhaust ports on the projector. I just recently replaced a bulb on my projector because the ports became blocked and the bulb overheated.

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.