AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I searched. Sorry in advance. For some reason I am getting the humming sound through my subs occasionally. Both cables are new. I am running a splitter. I have noticed that sometimes the subs just fire up BUUUUZZZZZ and if I unplug one or the other or remove the input cable it is gone. Also, one specifically does not go always go into standby. This morning about 3 am the 12 kicked in. My wife has always been cool about my HT gear. I better get this resolved if I want it to stay that way.
Where do I start? I am running Belkin Sub Cables and then this guy "Mediabridge - Premium RCA Y-Adapter 1-Male to 2-Female for Digital Audio or Subwoofer".

·
Registered
484 Posts
Have you tried flipping any of the controls on the back of the sub?

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Just in general, be sure your line level sub cable is not running alongside power cords. Isolate them as far from power cords as possible and crossover them at right angles when necessary. If the sub and reciever are plugged into different outlets, be sure they are the same phase leg(cable box too).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.